CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Strange behavior

Old 06-07-2017, 04:01 PM   #1
vera_r
Strange behavior

My red corn snake had gotten out and was loose for several days. Since we found her and put her back into her tank, she spends most of her time in her favorite hide curled up on heating pad. While she was loose, I had taken out her carpet and put in tile, but left the part with her heating pad uncovered. She had eaten twice since we got her back, but I'm worried about her lethargy. Could she be preshed or is there something else going on? I don't see in color change in her yet like I should for preshed, so I am worried. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Old 06-07-2017, 05:25 PM   #2
vera_r
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera_r View Post
My red corn snake had gotten out and was loose for several days. Since we found her and put her back into her tank, she spends most of her time in her favorite hide curled up on heating pad. While she was loose, I had taken out her carpet and put in tile, but left the part with her heating pad uncovered. She had eaten twice since we got her back, but I'm worried about her lethargy. Could she be preshed or is there something else going on? I don't see in color change in her yet like I should for preshed, so I am worried. Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.

I should also state that I also added a piece of driftwood I bought at a reptile convention when I bought my frozen pinkies and she was not in the cage when I did that.

Old 06-08-2017, 05:51 AM   #3
Nanci
She could be getting ready to shed. Besides the color change, you can tell by a lack of activity when she would normally be out, and a larger than normal weight gain, because she hasn't pooped out her last meal before going into hiding.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:29 PM   #4
vera_r
Well, she had not pooped out her last meal, but she started hiding before that meal. I took her out and held her last night while we watched a movie. She moved around a lot as she does since she is a baby and not yet calm. She ended up pooping on me. She was more active than I had seen her in a long time. I didn't get her out tonight because I am sick and was afraid my coughing would scare her. She hasn't come out of her hide dine I put her back up last night. I see no color changes, but her belly felt rougher than usual. Is that normal before a shed? Ironically, my baby beardie is in his 2nd shed since I got him. About 2 sheds in 3 weeks. Weird.

Old 06-09-2017, 01:32 AM   #5
vera_r
Ruby just shed for the first time. I guess that is why she had been so out of sorts. She was still trying to get the rest off her tail. Going to check shed in morning to make sure it is all there. 😃

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google