CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

To moss box or not?

Old 05-04-2018, 02:03 PM   #21
DollysMom
That is the way with young corns. As soon as they are in your hands, while they may be active, they are calm. I'm so glad that Brian is doing so well!

Old 05-04-2018, 06:10 PM   #22
Briancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
That is the way with young corns. As soon as they are in your hands, while they may be active, they are calm. I'm so glad that Brian is doing so well!

Went much better this evening. Bri settles eventually and became very quiet and relaxed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 05-06-2018, 06:07 AM   #23
Briancs
Have handled Brian more and he is now much happier to be removed from the viv. I introduced him to some of my friends from the block of flats I live in last night. We get together on warm evenings for a barbecue and our door goes straight onto the garden. Brian was a great ambassador for his species and very relaxed (he stayed with me - I didn’t pass him around or anythinh like that). Some ladies were a little nervous, but they could see how chilled he was and that he didn’t bite. One guy thought him “beautiful”. I only brought him out for 5 mins but I think it’s important to stop people demonising reptiles and show them how wonderful and straightforward they are.

Old 05-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #24
Briancs
Brian and his mossbox (or lack of it)!

As a postscript to the above, I had to go into hospital for a fairly major op and was in for a few days. I made sure Bri was fed before I went in. I noticed a very slight irridescence over his belly scales, but his eyes were as clear as a bell and there were no other signs of him going into blue,

I got out of hospital and found another complete shed two days later! I never saw it coming so he wasn’t offered another moss box. Resilient little mites, aren’t they!!

Old 05-22-2018, 06:05 PM   #25
DollysMom
Yes they are. That’s why corn snakes are a great beginner snake. But just because they are beginner snakes doesn’t mean they lose their luster for more advanced keepers. So glad Bri is doing so well. Hope you are on the mend!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google