CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Is this normal...

Old 07-12-2003, 06:21 PM   #1
<<S>>
Is this normal...

Hi I've just got a new snake (my first one). But he/she tends to rub himself/herself against the glass. He/she is about a month old and I've just put him/her in his/her viv. Is it because he/she has to addapt to his/her new enclosure?? Or maybe he's/she's just exploring his/her new viv? Because I don't want him/her to damage his/her head.

I had him/her since early saturday....and I have to feed him/her today because his/her last meal was about 5 days ago(that was in the shop).

And I could always use some tips.....

And yes I know "this his/her thing" is quite irritating .....

Old 07-12-2003, 06:33 PM   #2
Alicia
It sounds like he is just testing the boundries of his new home. Very normal

If you just got him today, you might want to wait a couple of days to feed. If he ate 5 days ago it won't hurt to wait another 2 days.
This will give him time to settle into his new home.

Enjoy your new baby.

Old 07-12-2003, 06:53 PM   #3
<<S>>
oh really that's great!!

So this will stop when it gets used to it's new viv

thnx for the info, and I'll feed him/her on monday instead

Old 07-12-2003, 06:58 PM   #4
Aradia
Hello. I dont know how much reading up on reptiles you have done or how extensive your knowledge is, but you might want to look at some of the care sheets. Be sure you have the right temp. To me it sounds like he is just checking everything out. But it never hurts to do all the reading and research you can do. Have a great time with your baby.

Old 07-12-2003, 07:52 PM   #5
<<S>>
Thnx I will

I have read a lot of caresheets and I compared them all, so that I have a good idea of how to handle a corn. The clerk who sold it to me gave me some info too. Although I checked if a lot of people said the same thing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google