CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

FROZEN FEEDERS PRICE COMPARISONS

Old 10-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #1
OkeeteeMom
Exclamation FROZEN FEEDERS PRICE COMPARISONS

10-20-2010 Frozen Feeders Price Compare ~ by "OkeeteeMom"

Just an F.Y.I. if you're interested, this price compare is for "Rat Hoppers/Weanlings" sent to my state of N.M., USA

THEMOUSEFACTORY.com:
No answer when I phoned

BIGCHEESETRODENTS.com:
$17.00 for 20 per bag rat weanlings ~ Order of 5 bags = $85.00
Shipping of $41.45
QUOTED Total 126.45 Delivered by this Friday (Spoke w/Chris)
APPROX. $1.26 each

MICEDIRECT.com:
$43.50 per bag of 50
Total Items: 2 Weight: 10lbs Amount: $87.00
UPS (44.00lbs. Shipping Weight includes Dry Ice.) (Ground) $57.92
Estimated Total $144.92
APPROX. $1.45 each

LOXAHATCHEERODENTS.com
NOTE! "restriction on maximum you are allowed. See this item: Total Items: 1-Weaned Rats - 20/package $17.00"
FedEx Express (FedEx Standard Overnight (1 box 7.4lbs ) $44.76
Estimated Total $61.76
APPROX. $3.08 each

I went with the 100 from BIGCHEESERODENTS

Old 10-20-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
ShenziSixaxis
Good luck with that. I bought 50 hopper and 50 fuzzy mice. Never again.

Old 10-20-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
OkeeteeMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenziSixaxis View Post
Good luck with that. I bought 50 hopper and 50 fuzzy mice. Never again.
what was the reason?

Old 10-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #4
Hallie
Did you check with RodentPro? I've used them for years with absolutely no issues, mice/rats/etc. are always healthy looking, good sized, and clean (some poo here and there, but nothing major). I did a quote for a random NM zip code and came up with $138.10 for 100 rattie weanlings.

If I recall, Shenzi had a bad experience with Big Cheese (was it dirty mice?? I seem to recall others having problems too, but don't quote me on that).

I've heard great things about The Mouse Factory too, but they are more expensive than RP for me, so I've always stayed with RP.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #5
OkeeteeMom
THANKS HALLIE...

I wasn't aware of Rodent Pro, so no...I didn't check. I'll look them up now.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:25 PM   #6
Hallie
You're welcome. In my opinion, you can't really go wrong with TMF (from all the goode things I've heard) or RP. Now, ordering from RP and getting them shipped when you want them can be tricky. You have to order before Thursday to have them shipped out the next Tuesday. If you order after Thursday, they'll be shipped out the Tuesday after next. So it can be a bit of a pain, but it has never bothered me.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #7
ShenziSixaxis
This is the same exact email I sent to them titled "Shipment Feedback" after I got my mice, and it was ignored. Not even a 'thank you'.

Quote:
A couple weeks ago I made an order of 50 fuzzy and 50 hopper mice. I have to say that I was quite happy with the shipment in general. I really liked how nicely the mice were vacuum sealed and the bags were labeled. It was also very nice that the mice were padded by some sort of, well, padding and a trash bag (thanks for that, my mother is actually using that big bag for the designated 'food trash can'). It was also very nice to have the dry ice in a bag, instead of loose.

The only problem I had with the shipment was the bag of fuzzies; it seems like every size from tiny peach fuzzies or small hopper mice came in that bag. It works out for me, but I did expect them to be very similar in size. The hoppers are much more consistent.

Besides the problem with the fuzzy mice, everything is great. My corn snake takes the thawed mice very readily, especially if I take the time to slit or brain the mice.

However, the fuzzies expired very quickly, after about 2 months. The hopper mice are rather thing compared to the picture on RodentPro and the ones I've seen in Pet Supermarket. Fuzzies were also skinny. I've also found quite a bit of bedding in the hopper bag (SOME in with the fuzzies), and BOTH bags of mice had way more mice than I'd like to see have diarrhea stuck on them.

I might have just been a random customer who had some bad luck, but I'm doubtful as I had two bags shipped. I breed my own feeders now, and since I got Apotos eating mice from Petsmart and rats, her body has toned off nicely. She was rather round, but not unhealthy.

Oh, and the box I got the mice in was labeled frozen meat, rather than anything weird. That I DID like.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
Fatman608
Only problem is you are going to hear good and bad about very mice and rat supplier out there. I use either Big Cheese or Mice Direct only because of shipping cost to me. All the rodent suppliers are the same the only difference is the way they package their rodents.

Love the Fatman

Old 10-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #9
OkeeteeMom
HALLIE...

I was just one RP's site and it's VERY informative!

I know my order already shipped from TBCR's and maybe I'll be lucky. But I now have RP's site bookmarked and will check with them on the next order.

I'm hoping others will share their comparison shopping for whatever f/t's they need, to help build a nice database thread (so to speak) for everyone to know what "current market prices' are.
...that is, for those of us who prefer to buy rather than DIY 'dispatch'

Old 10-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #10
OkeeteeMom
SHENZI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenziSixaxis View Post
This is the same exact email I sent to them titled "Shipment Feedback" after I got my mice, and it was ignored. Not even a 'thank you'.

However, the fuzzies expired very quickly, after about 2 months. The hopper mice are rather thing compared to the picture on RodentPro and the ones I've seen in Pet Supermarket. Fuzzies were also skinny. I've also found quite a bit of bedding in the hopper bag (SOME in with the fuzzies), and BOTH bags of mice had way more mice than I'd like to see have diarrhea stuck on them.

I might have just been a random customer who had some bad luck, but I'm doubtful as I had two bags shipped. I breed my own feeders now, and since I got Apotos eating mice from Petsmart and rats, her body has toned off nicely. She was rather round, but not unhealthy.

Oh, and the box I got the mice in was labeled frozen meat, rather than anything weird. That I DID like.
Thanks for all the detail, including the email you sent! This helps both myself (and others) to get some better ideas of C/S and such with all these companies. I really appreciate your time and effort to reply because I'm VERY new at this (only had my "Evie" since Sunday!).
Thanks Once Again!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
frozen feeders, mice, rats