• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

FROZEN FEEDERS PRICE COMPARISONS

I've heard good/bad reviews from all the suppliers, weighed my choices and had ordered from RP. Some of the reviews and recent actions from the bigger suppliers carry a little more weight to me now.
RodentPro was proactive and the 1st i think to voluntarily recall and replace older product on the salmonella issue. That meant they are trying hard to win ppl's business.
I think I will go with Mice Direct on my next order when i need to stock up on the smaller sizes. I've heard for their slightly higher cost, you get REALLY clean feeders, and they are vacuum-packed. RP doesn't do that. They're a bit cheaper but you might see some bedding in the bags.

I have question about how a frozen product could 'expire' in 2 months in a freezer as mentioned above somewhere. There might be a little discoloration, but if the feeders remain frozen, within 2 months they are still good. It'd only be by 6-8 months any real deterioration from freezer burn would set in. If a container or bag is opened frequently, anything frozen will take on moisture and discolor some.

Last edited:
OMNI...

I've heard good/bad reviews from all the suppliers, weighed my choices and had ordered from RP. Some of the reviews and recent actions from the bigger suppliers carry a little more weight to me now. RodentPro was proactive and the 1st i think to voluntarily recall and replace older product on the salmonella issue. That meant they are trying hard to win ppl's business.

That's some good information...

I use BushHill Rodents. They dont have a site yet but are located in Louisiana, will deliver locally for a small fee (depends on how far he has to drive) and we have gotten both frozen and live from them and never had any issues. They post often on FaunaClassifieds.com and do ship also. I went as far to recommend them to my friend who buys mice for her ferrets in NY because she had had nothing but bad luck from RP and MD.

We recently used American Rodent Supply. Our total was 121.00 and some change and we got:

100 Pinkies
100 Fuzzies
100 Crawlers
150 Small Mice
50 Medium Mice

Shipping was free to where we live in Tennessee, there was a 10.00 packing charge (to cover the dry ice I suspect). All the rodents were fully intact upon inspection and our snakes feed on them really good. The only downfall is there is a minimum order of $100.

Hope that helps someone!

http://americanrodent.com/

We recently used American Rodent Supply. Our total was 121.00 and some change and we got:

100 Pinkies
100 Fuzzies
100 Crawlers
150 Small Mice
50 Medium Mice

Shipping was free to where we live in Tennessee, there was a 10.00 packing charge (to cover the dry ice I suspect). All the rodents were fully intact upon inspection and our snakes feed on them really good. The only downfall is there is a minimum order of $100.

Hope that helps someone!

http://americanrodent.com/

Wow, that seems like a really good price. Shipping is usually like 40-50 bucks alone though so that makes me wonder how they can offer that many mice with free shipping at that cost.

Just an example for the person who was ordering the pups. From American Rodent Supply you can get 200 pups for 130.00, plus a 10.00 packing charge. I spoke wrong in my previous post though, shipping is free to those in the red zone but that's still an excellent price on pups even if you have to pay shipping.

Wow, that seems like a really good price. Shipping is usually like 40-50 bucks alone though so that makes me wonder how they can offer that many mice with free shipping at that cost.

I'm not sure really. I do know we had a very good experience with them and we highly recommend them. They have good reviews over on Fauna as well.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165989&highlight=American+Rodent+Supply

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72776&highlight=American+Rodent+Supply

The one says they are more expensive than Rodent Pro (who we also have dealt with and gotten great service from by the way) that wasn't our experience we got double for the same price but that could be the case sometimes. However, if you add in the free shipping it was a big savings!

Hmm I may have to try them when we need F/t. People often forget to take the cost of shipping into account when looking at pricing.

Hmm I may have to try them when we need F/t. People often forget to take the cost of shipping into account when looking at pricing.

I believe you're right about that, that was one of the reasons we decided to try them (and the good reviews). Louisiana is in the free shipping so you should be able to get a good price on what you need. They do run specials too, if you click on specials you can see what they are. Like I said we've had great luck with them, we'll be ordering from them next time too.

Well none of my snakes eat rat anything because they are so big. I just ordered a bunch of mice from Rodent Pro. It took a little while for them to ship but once shipped I got my order just a few days later. They were packaged really nice and everything was still frozen when I got it.

I ordered a bag of 100 small pinkies, 100 pinkies, 100 peach fuzzies, 100 fuzzies, 100 hoppers, 50 weanlings. Total price including shipping was $152.04.

I know I have more than 4 snakes will eat in a year, but I'm hoping to make some signs and put up in the local pet stores to see if anyone would like to share (for a small fee if possible). The local pet stores might not like me putting up the signs. I just have to try and see. I only decided to order mice because the local pet stores f/t feeders look horrible and I was so sick of it. The mice are so small and skinny and covered in yellow diarrhea! I'm happy to say that the mice from Rodent Pro are much healthier looking (also bigger than the same type of mouse at the pet store).

You'd be surprised at how long they keep.. a little frost bite doesn't hurt a thing.. I bulk ordered in Feb. from rodent pro ( I love dealing with them) and just finished up that order.. and they were fine...snakes had no problem wanting to eat them :) been doing it this way for years. :)

You'd be surprised at how long they keep.. a little frost bite doesn't hurt a thing.. I bulk ordered in Feb. from rodent pro ( I love dealing with them) and just finished up that order.. and they were fine...snakes had no problem wanting to eat them :) been doing it this way for years. :)

I was worried about the pinkies. Will they keep that long too?

If you place your bags of frozen rodents in plastic containers and fill them with ice cold water (to prevent thawing) then freeze them in the water you will get better results from long term storage in the freezer. Freezers dehydrate items even if they are vacuum sealed in plastic. Only very heavy weight plastic will resist this. Home use vacuum sealers such as the Food Saver machines do not use plastic that resists drying for several months.

JIM...

If you place your bags of frozen rodents in plastic containers and fill them with ice cold water (to prevent thawing) then freeze them in the water you will get better results from long term storage in the freezer. Freezers dehydrate items even if they are vacuum sealed in plastic. Only very heavy weight plastic will resist this. Home use vacuum sealers such as the Food Saver machines do not use plastic that resists drying for several months.

Who Knew?! That's great information...thanks.

I've used The Mouse Factory and Rodent Pro. Both are pretty nice, TMF can get you your mice NEXT DAY oftentimes... at RP you have to wait at least a few days to a week.

After reading about American Rodent Supply and their free shipping to Louisiana, I might give them a try on my next order. :D

Since I am not ready to actually order (just got a HUGE order from RP) I don't want to go thru the process.... do they take PAYPAL for payment?

I've used The Mouse Factory and Rodent Pro. Both are pretty nice, TMF can get you your mice NEXT DAY oftentimes... at RP you have to wait at least a few days to a week.

After reading about American Rodent Supply and their free shipping to Louisiana, I might give them a try on my next order. :D

Since I am not ready to actually order (just got a HUGE order from RP) I don't want to go thru the process.... do they take PAYPAL for payment?

I don't believe American Rodent Supply takes PayPal but they take credit cards right on their site. Which works for me since I pay with the same card I use on my PayPal.

I don't believe American Rodent Supply takes PayPal but they take credit cards right on their site. Which works for me since I pay with the same card I use on my PayPal.

Ahh ok. I use my paypal balance from selling snakes to pay for my mice. :D

DOing the math, in the quantity I generally buy ARS isn't really any cheaper. They SAY free shipping but they charge $1.25 a mouse instead of $0.35 each like at RP. I think it works out pretty similar.

This is also easily solved by getting a paypal debit card. It comes directly from your paypal account and works just like a bank card. I have had mine for years.

Back