CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

What morph do I have here?

Old 07-31-2017, 12:32 AM   #1
WhiteLipWizzard333
What morph do I have here?

Found this little dude at Petco. Nobody was buying him so I decided I'd pick him up and ad him to my collection. Through searching around internet I have yet to find an accurate morph that describes what this little noodle is. Wondering if any of you guys and gals might know?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Old 07-31-2017, 12:42 AM   #2
Dragonling
At first glance I would say caramel vanishing stripe.

Old 07-31-2017, 12:45 AM   #3
WhiteLipWizzard333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
At first glance I would say caramel vanishing stripe.
That's kinda what I was thinking at first. He's pretty much the exact same color as dead grass on top then along the divide of his belly scales and sides it's a more bright yellow.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:10 AM   #4
Shiari
Have to agree. Caramel stripe, vanishing pattern.

Old 07-31-2017, 01:13 AM   #5
WhiteLipWizzard333
Cool, thanks guys. This is the frist Colubrid in my collection. I'm more of a python guy so I figured I'd ask around before assuming. I guess paying $30 for this little dude wasn't too bad then

Old 07-31-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
DollysMom
You did well. Good deal. He's a beauty!

Old 07-31-2017, 10:48 PM   #7
WhiteLipWizzard333
I've also been told from a different Source now that it is possibly a Amber stripe/ Vanishing stripe

Old 08-01-2017, 01:43 AM   #8
Shiari
Stripe causes a hypomelanistic effect all on its own. To tell whether its an amber vs caramel stripe, I'd breed it to something homozygous for hypo and NOT het or homozygous for motley or stripe.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:37 PM   #9
edwac
https://www.facebook.com/groups/corn.snake.morph.help/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Old 08-02-2017, 01:51 AM   #10
WhiteLipWizzard333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiari View Post
Stripe causes a hypomelanistic effect all on its own. To tell whether its an amber vs caramel stripe, I'd breed it to something homozygous for hypo and NOT het or homozygous for motley or stripe.
Ok. What might that produce? Regular patterned caramels or ambers with some stripe or vanishing stripe possibilities in either color?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google