CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Corn Snake Heating/Temps question!

Old 07-24-2018, 11:42 AM   #1
cwheel22
Question Corn Snake Heating/Temps question!

Hello guys im new here, my name is Chase,
I am going to be getting my first corn snake here in a couple days and I have everything set up so I wanted to ask everyone if what I have is okay, as i have done a ton of research and everyone has their different opinions. I recently bought a thermostat as the temp on the heat mat reached 140F! I set the thermostat for the heat mat to 105F and the temp above the substrate is sitting at about 86-87 under the warm hide. The air is about 84-85 on the warm side and about 79 on the cool side. I am also using a daylight bulb. Are these temps okay? Thank you very much!

Old 07-24-2018, 12:17 PM   #2
Shiari
The bulb is unnecessary. You also want the temp at the *glass* over the heat mat to be 85 degrees as that should be the hottest temperature the snake can access. Your snake will burrow to get to the warmth it desires.

Old 07-25-2018, 05:34 AM   #3
MysticExotics
I agree with Shairi, your new snake can/will likely burn themselves with the heat mat temp that high. They will burrow below the substrate, so you want to make sure the temp at the heat source is regulated at a safe temp.

Old 07-25-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
DeuceRon
Welcome to the snake forum!!

I use a ceramic heat lamp toned down with a dimmer to try and keep the ambient air temp on the warm side as well as using the heat mat. Just make sure that you have a nice hide for him directly over the mat as well. My little guy likes to climb so I want him to be warm on that side of the tank wherever he goes.

Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google