CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

View Poll Results: Which company do you buy from?
Rodent Pro 11 25.58%
The Big Cheese 13 30.23%
The Mouse Factory 5 11.63%
Other 14 32.56%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Which company do you buy F/T Mice or Rats from?

Old 03-09-2006, 12:03 PM   #31
zwyatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg
They're number two on my cell phone, just under "Bank."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkingray
I have yet to get that phone call. I had also emailed them for a price quote for exact shipping charges and they never responded.
From my dealings with them, that seems pretty uncharacteristic of them. I've only ever had good experiences with them on the phone and through email. Then again, I guess there are always going to be those times when something goes wrong and customers have a bad experience.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:34 PM   #32
Taceas
I voted for Big Cheese as well. Will never order from anyone else again.

I had been ordering from Rodent Pro for about 2 years before I finally got fed up with the poor quality. Not to mention I live 25 miles from their facility and they wouldn't let me pick up my order. Instead I had to spend an additional $20 for it to be UPS'd to me.

While for some people with a lot of corns may not mind the wide assortment of sizes, I for one, when I order a bag of fuzzies I want just that, fuzzies. I don't like having to rummage through a bag of 100 frozen things to find the right size. If they want to have different bags of the different sizes, that'd be a whole other story.

I don't like the rodents thrown into a Ziplock bag, I don't like feet and tails broken off. While they may not add anything nuritionally, I just don't care for a spoonful of "crunchies" in the bottom of the bag. I've frozen my own rodents and packaged them in Ziplocks for my own use and have yet to have broken appendages yet. Maybe I'm just not throwing them around enough.

While I may not mind the Ziplock thing if I had a lot of snakes and used f/t more frequently. Most of my frozen rodents are supplimental to the rodents I raise myself. Like right now, I'm using up almost every pink and fuzzy before they have a chance to grow into larger sizes for my larger snakes. So those snakes are having to get frozen mice. It ebbs in waves of months perhaps when I use frozen, so I like things to be fresh as can be, and vacuum packing does it for me.

I've had blocks of pinks frozen together with a urine-like substance and in some of the adult packs I've gotten, when thawed some have smelled suspiciously dead and rotten. Most were covered in urine and had feces and bedding clinging to them.

Just not my idea of quality for what I'm paying. They may be getting better, but imho they've got a long way to go before I'll ever consider doing business with them again.

BCRF gets back with me in a day or so, and when ordered the shipment goes out the door promptly, unless I've got something they have on backorder, which is pretty rare. So I'd say if they haven't replied after one instance, I wouldn't count them out so soon. They are busy people but well worth it in the end.

Pics of my last order:

BCRF Adult Mice

BCRF Small Adult, Hoppers, Fuzzies

BCRF Pinks & Fuzzies

Don't forget to do a search for Rodent Pro, Big Cheese, etc on the forum. This has all been talked about before many times. Lots of stuff around here to read on the subject. =)

Old 03-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #33
Tyger9791
when i emailed for a quote i got it the next day. and i called and had no problems. placed my order and it arrived the day they said it would. But I guess every business has their bad day...and sometimes email has it's glitches. it's not perfect. especially aol or yahoo mail. a lot of businesses block yahoo and aol because they're plagued by spammers and viruses.
and if they said "hey we'll call you back" that usually means they're swamped at the moment and i would've tried them back later.

Old 03-09-2006, 02:14 PM   #34
Gintha
I'm Canadian, so I had to vote other LOL, none of those companies will ship to me ~,~ I get mine from The Canadian Mouseman. Best place there is =D Some pics of their mice in the Canadian's forum =D

Old 03-09-2006, 02:16 PM   #35
dwyn127
I always got mine from DAND from this website, but he's been low profile since December, "DAND!!! Where are you?!?" So my last order was from Rodent Pro. They do a local show here in Cleveland and will sell in any amounts. Fuzzies and smaller have broken/missing legs and tails, but this is a non-issue for me when I consider the cost of shipping in quantities larger than I need. The only other alternative would be to get more snakes..................... !

Old 05-30-2009, 02:24 PM   #36
snakedad99
Like the other newbies, Great thread. ALL the work has been done for me, I'm off to order pinkies.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #37
Nanci
The poll doesn't reflect this, but The Mouse Factory probably has more rabid fans, more devout fans, than the others. That's because TMF mice are perfect! Snowy white, all lined up, not broken, vacuum sealed, packed securely with dry ice. I have also tried, once, some other place which I HATED (see the thread "I'll never cheat on the mouse factory") and Gourmet Rodent, because I can pick up locally. They are adequate, but not vacuum sealed, a little smelly, and always have poo and bedding as an added bonus. OTOH, no shipping charge.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:56 PM   #38
Gralena
THE MOUSE FACTORY!!!! All the way....I can not believe how beautiful dead mice can be!! I will even touch them with my bare hands...which is saying a lot, I am one pretty, prissy girl! I always get my phone call answered immediately and my order promptly shipped. LOVE them!!!

Old 05-30-2009, 10:07 PM   #39
Calift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gralena View Post
THE MOUSE FACTORY!!!! All the way....I can not believe how beautiful dead mice can be!! I will even touch them with my bare hands...which is saying a lot, I am one pretty, prissy girl! I always get my phone call answered immediately and my order promptly shipped. LOVE them!!!
haha this says it all

Old 05-30-2009, 10:45 PM   #40
snakedad99
WOW! This really is a bunch of people who like The Mouse factory. I can't believe these responses. I'm an old man who is new to this forum stuff and am blown away by the attention you are paying. Might have to keep up with this.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google