CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

My corn snake Ruby kills Adult male mouse.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #91
COerriccaRN
Okay, Robbie. I noticed a contridicting statement in your post.

You said first
Quote:
Remember, a life is still a life, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant.
Then
Quote:
Do I have a problem killing mosquitos and spiders? Heck no. They're a nuisance.
So...which is it?/

Also, IDK why I killed the slug and ants. I COULD have found other things to do, but I wanted to do that. So I did. Thats just the way it is. Its just a slug. Its just an ANT. Plus, I am allergic to them, so I kill all of them I see.

I dod not call it torture. You can call it that...but its not to me!

Old 09-08-2009, 05:32 PM   #92
danielle
Wow you sound like a sociopath and I doubt you are but reread some of your statements. You could have found other things to do, but instead you killed bugs, you enjoy killing things, and you don't know why you get this feeling of enjoyment while killing you just do. Yes killing anything for any other reasons than eating it or protecting yourself is considered abnormal behavior and torturous. I collected bugs as a kid, studied them, and then released them but never killed them. My kids bring home bugs, we google them, talk about what we have learned, and let them go. Killing a mosquito that is sucking your blood is different than killing a bug because it is there and you have the opportunity. You have to understand why people find your joy in killing things strange its just not behavior the vast majority of people find interesting.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #93
COerriccaRN
Actually, i am allergic to ants. So according to you, I can kill them with no problems.

Its not the fact that I enjoy killing them. It just DOESN't BOTHER ME. At all. Thats not strange.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:52 PM   #94
danielle
I had no clue people could be allergic to ants it just doesn't make sense and in your previous reponse to Robbie you said: "Also, IDK why I killed the slug and ants. I COULD have found other things to do, but I wanted to do that. So I did. Thats just the way it is. Its just a slug. Its just an ANT. Plus, I am allergic to them, so I kill all of them I see.

I dod not call it torture. You can call it that...but its not to me"! You said I wanted indicating a choice you made and I say thats strange.

Old 09-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #95
COerriccaRN
But anyway, this is a never ending argument.

I am saying that I will always hunt, i will always feed live, I will always be the way I am. Animals will never have the same, or close to the same, status as humans. I will always beleive what I do.

It may seem weird to most northern people, but I have received NUMEROUS PMs and Comments that say others agree with what I have to say and are glad I posted my opinion. So I will not back down, we will just have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I am NOT weird, strange, sadistic, pathetic, sick ect so please refrain from using those terms to discribe me. I said NOTHING like that in reply to all of you(and I Have wanted to!), so use the same respect when replying to me. Thanks in advance

Old 09-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #96
COerriccaRN
Quote:
I had no clue people could be allergic to ants
Well you have Maryland ants. We have Texas ants. They bite, are very poisonous, and very painful. We call them FIRE ANTS or COW ANTS. Very, very, painful. When I get bit, I swell up really badly.

And you can think my actions are strange, but to people down here...its not strange at all. If I told you some of the things people do around my town and stuff, you would rn to your room crying. Honestly.

Old 09-08-2009, 06:02 PM   #97
ceduke
I've killed and dressed rabbits for food, and while I found the process interesting, I never ENJOYED taking a life, and always tried to minimize the animals' suffering. I try to do the same in my life every day.

I buy mice from a place that gasses them rather than just sticking them in the freezer. When there were slugs in my garden I put out a bowl of beer so that at least they could die inebriated. If I'm going to kill a bug that's in the house I do it quickly, and because I like spiders I will make an effort to take one outside before my husband whacks it with a shoe.

The thought that anyone could ENJOY the suffering of another animal, NO MATTER HOW SMALL, disgusts me. Yes, maybe it's "just" a mouse, but it feels pain and fear and I feel that I have a responsibility to minimize that if I can. And not only can I, it's EASY, and CHEAP to do. We both benefit. Like the rabbits, who I killed as quickly and humanely as I could. Then I had tasty beer braised rabbit. *drool*

Old 09-08-2009, 06:05 PM   #98
danielle
I have experienced many a fire ant and yes they hurt and their venom can be poisonous. My point was that your love of the kill doesn't stop with fire ants or hunting for food, but mice, lizards, and bugs who according to you deserve less repect than a human. I do not put the little guys on quite the same playing field either Emily, but I don't condone feeding live for the thrill or killing something out of enjoyment. Obviously we differ here on that. However, don't kid yourself sweet pea I don't run and cry!!

Old 09-08-2009, 06:07 PM   #99
COerriccaRN
Okay CEDUKE, You are saying its wrong of me to put salt on a slug...but its okay to kill them with beer. All I can say is...wow.

Also, I do not enjoy watching them suffer, as I have said before, it just does not concern or bother me. I stick my mice in the freezer/gas them/knock them in the head...whatever. I stick my anoles in the freezer or feed them live. Doesn't matter to me.

I DO NOT EVER PUPOSFULLY CAUSE PAIN WHEN I AM HUNTING. AS I HUNTER, I WANT TO MAKE A CLEAN, HONEST KILL AND TRY TO DO THAT.

I was FIVE when I did that to slugs, let it go. I was 5. Do not regret it or think its wrong, but I was young.

If one more person calls me disgusting, I am gonna be upset. I have asked numerous times to please refrain from calling me things like that. I have not called anyone anything on this thread, even when I have wanted to. Please return the favor. Thanks so much

Old 09-08-2009, 06:09 PM   #100
COerriccaRN
Quote:
who according to you deserve less repect than a human.
Actually, they do. They are animals, worlds apart from humans.

this one guy in our town...He raises dogs and kills them, skins them out, puts him in the freezer and eats them. Does the same with house cats.

And thats not even the worse. I'm not calling this good...but hey, if the world ever ran out of food, i would be staying at this guys house! lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
corn snake, mouse