CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

My corn snake Ruby kills Adult male mouse.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:12 PM   #71
COerriccaRN
Quote:
It's "just" a mouse, it's "just" a lizard. It is a life. You're a pretty messed up person if you deliberately drag their deaths out for your enjoyment, because you think it's "cool".
I never said that, and if I did, I did not mean it that way.

And I am not giving them a bad name at all! It is not my reason for treating animals badly at all! I do not treat animals badly! First...a few questions for yall.

1. Is killing a cow that was raised by us being cruel?
2. Is killing a "pet" pig we raised, cruel?
3. Is feeding a snake live anoles, just because I have them, cruel? Which I mentioned before, I have STOPPED because I listen to everyone on this board! Will yall please just listen to me! I am not trying to cause I stink, just a discussion. So please hear me out. Just trying to defend myself. I am really gettting flamed and have had some bad things said about me!
4. Is shooting a mean, stray, dog, because it has some disease, cruel?

Just a few questions for you guys to answer, I am curious of the opinions!
Note: I have done the first three, MANY people do the fourth but I never have personally bcause I have never been in that situation.

Quote:
Most people who live on farms, who hunt, and live in the country have a respect for animals of all sizes, which you completely seem to lack.
I have three dogs, three snakes, sixteen cows, numerous chickens, hogs, goats, horses and I respect them all. So no, I do not lack that. Thank you.

Everyone, please read what I wrote earlier again...It is re-posted below

(
Quote:
That video was a little...weird though. It did bother me a bit. I WOULD NEVER DO THAT! I don't wanna give the wrong impression or have people start to not like me!
Quote:
I'm really sorry about saying all that, but it sounded worse than what it meant! I would never put a mouse into a cage and laugh at it being eaten, ever. Really.
)

Kandie Kitten, before getting angry at me, please read my post thourougly, just as I read yours Thanks so much

Old 09-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #72
COerriccaRN
Quote:
Which I mentioned before, I have STOPPED because I listen to everyone on this board
Disclamer: I did this for my snake, not the lizard. Don't want them getting stuck on lizards...

Old 09-08-2009, 03:54 PM   #73
COerriccaRN
Quote:
The LAST thing this hobby needs is yet ANOTHER teenage asshat getting his rocks off by feeding live on film.
Not neccessary and not cool.
Actually, what YOU said was not neccessary and not cool. Really. Everyone needs to post respectful replies, instead of rude ones calling me sick and sadistic.

Sorry for so many post, but I can't help it.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:00 PM   #74
COerriccaRN
Quote:
If your so new here then you "I think" would have already read most of the posts and know most how the breeders feel. Why make yourself known with something you know would get the tread heated????? If you want to be sadistic, don't get a hard on by watching your snake. Go poke some ants or HEY get a magnifying glass and watch em run.. Slugs twitch too but they twitch more with salt

Some people worry me when they look for attention..

Second, I am not "new" really, I have been here a while and have never read a discussion about feeding live like this. This is a place to share opinions. Everyone will have different opinions. Lets just agree to disagree.

Also, no one, please refrain from using "sick" "sadistic" "pathetic" as words to describe me. These are very hurtful, and VERY far from the truth. If I was a mod, I would have someone put on "probation" or something for saying that to someone else. But thats just me.

Also, as kids we put salt on slugs. It was kinda neat. We did it as a science expeirment to. They are just slugs.
We also burned ants with magnifing glasses. It was all we had to do really, and that does not make me sadistic, sick, or pathetic. Just a country girl who found fun in her own back yard.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #75
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by COerriccaRN View Post
Actually, what YOU said was not neccessary and not cool. Really. Everyone needs to post respectful replies, instead of rude ones calling me sick and sadistic.

Sorry for so many post, but I can't help it.
Actually you were NOT the person to whom I was referring...but if the shoe fits.....

Old 09-08-2009, 04:06 PM   #76
COerriccaRN
Quote:
Sorry Emily, I have to disagree.
The LAST thing this hobby needs is yet ANOTHER teenage asshat getting his rocks off by feeding live on film.
Actually, yes you where! I am Emily...always re-read post before replying.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:12 PM   #77
Emily1188
Quote:
Also, as kids we put salt on slugs. It was kinda neat. We did it as a science expeirment to. They are just slugs.
We also burned ants with magnifing glasses. It was all we had to do really, and that does not make me sadistic, sick, or pathetic. Just a country girl who found fun in her own back yard.
While I do not think you are (and will not call you) sadistic or pathetic, I do not think that you can continue to repeat "country girl" as though it excuses less than humane treatment of animals. I am not unsympathetic, and I am far from an AR activist, but I find the "salting slugs in the name of 'science'" off-putting. Your setting, be it rural or urban, makes no difference to me.

I'd love to know what scientific breakthroughs you made watching slugs shrivel up? The process by which this occurs (osmosis) is well studied and there are many other ways to observe it without inflicting needless suffering.

I won't tell you that if a slug is "just a slug" then you are "just a person", because I can clearly see a difference. However, as somebody who just carefully scooped up a big old slug off the sidewalk last night so nobody would crush it, I am a little bit saddened by your general disregard for life.

But, ces la vie - I am not you and you are not me, even if we have the same name.

As for the OT at hand, there is no question in my mind that f/t is both safer and more humane.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:16 PM   #78
Emily1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol
Sorry Emily, I have to disagree.

Teenage asshat getting rocks = the OP, not you

Emily = you (and me, but not in this case)

She was addressing you, but referring the OP's video and to the OP as the asshat.

Correct me if I'm wrong, starsevol, but that's how I read it?

Quote:
Actually, yes you where! I am Emily...always re-read post before replying.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #79
MedusaCorns
LOL... I also wanted to say this but had to run out and wrote what I did real quick.... I also hunt but I prefer to make a clean kill rather than watching the animal kibby out, bleat and scream before it dies or I have to do something about it. It doesn't please me to take a life even though I hunt or sometimes raise my own meat but I understand the need to feed..

Hope your safe in the woods while you enjoy watching something die. Hope your a responsible hunter and not one of these mix drink/pill pooping weirdo's that ruin it for other who actually enjoy sitting in the woods only to get lucky to bring something home to the table...

Old 09-08-2009, 04:17 PM   #80
COerriccaRN
Quote:
As for the OT at hand, there is no question in my mind that f/t is both safer and more humane.
I agree with safety, not so much with it being humane. F/T are gassed to death. I don't care either way, its just a mouse.

As for me being country, I am saying that because I did play outside alot. With bugs and other things. IMO, I did nothing cruel ot inhumane. I killed a slug, who cares? How many ants have you stepped on? How many burgers have you ate? How many spiders ect have you smooshed?

And I made no breakthrough watching the slug, it was just cool cause I had never seen anything like that before and I never knew slugs did that. My dad showed me how to do it. It was neat-o.

And you can be saddened, but its not gonna change me or the way I am. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
corn snake, mouse