CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

"Lava Lavenders" Number 16 is a possibility!

Old 07-10-2004, 06:53 PM   #1
ecreipeoj
"Lava Lavenders" Number 16 is a possibility!

My first clutch of Hets for Lava Lavender are hatching! The first nose out was an Anery. Thank you very much Rich Z!LOL It is my fault too. I bred a Rich Z Lavender to a Lava Corn and both turned out to be het for Anery. The Lavender was het for Snow too! I hatched out two Anerys het for Lava Lavender from that breeding.

Well, my thinking was since I was trying to produce Lava Lavenders that I would not use the male Anery het for Lava Lavender, so I used a Normal het Lava Lavender poss het anery. Well, this male was het for Anery anyway and so is the first female that produced.

Anery’s are going to mix things up a bit. Now I can get Ice Ghost in the clutch and since the Lavender male I used to start this project was het for snow, I could produce Opals as well. Great, three white snake possibilities.

I cut them open as usual when the first one poked his nose out and there is a possibility of a Lava Lavender in the group. The last one that I opened up out of 16 if you can believe that! One I am pretty sure is an Ice Ghost, about three Anerys and three Lavenders and the rest are normal. There are not any Lavas in the group, but the Ice Ghost and possible Lava Lavender would be homo Lava.

If number 16 is a Lava Lavender, it has pink on it and resembles a Hypo Lavender. Photos to follow soon. I only got a photo of an anery so far!

Old 07-10-2004, 11:31 PM   #2
Simon
LAVA LAVENDER!!!
Or like you said under your name 'Ice' Lavenders PLEASE!!

Oh I can't wait to see that picture of the little one~!
Heck just post your anerys too~!
I want to see them all~!!!!

Can't wait~!!
Stop the tease!!!

Old 07-11-2004, 12:26 PM   #3
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Oh I can't wait to see that picture of the little one~!
Heck just post your anerys too~!
I want to see them all~!!!!
You are like me. When I go to somebody’s house to see their collection they start showing me all of their “Cool” snakes and I want to see every one of them. They are always surprised that I would appreciate a Normal Corn or California King Snake, that is not a super morph.

Just a bunch of noses poking out still. One of the Lavenders is very light and has a blue head like the Ice Ghost. That one might be cool looking.

I think that I should thank Rich Z for sending me a snake that was more than I expected. By producing Ice Ghost from this project, they will be independently created, and not directly related to my other Ice Ghost project. This is always a good thing.

I have some special photos coming for you Simon, from another project. They are nothing like I have ever seen before. I can not tell if they are Opals or Amels. They have an Opal body with an Amel head. They are siblings to some “Sunset” Lavenders.

Old 07-11-2004, 04:59 PM   #4
Simon
Photos photos photos~~!!!!!!

Stop the tease~!!!!!!!!!
You're definitely killing me...I have been clicking on this thread a couple of times now~!!!!

Email or the thread~!!
I want to see the Lava Lav or those 'weirdos' ~!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2004, 10:56 PM   #5
elaphe4herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon
Photos photos photos~~!!!!!!

Stop the tease~!!!!!!!!!
You're definitely killing me...I have been clicking on this thread a couple of times now~!!!!

Email or the thread~!!
I want to see the Lava Lav or those 'weirdos' ~!!!!!!
PUT YOUR FOTOS ON THIS THREAD! If your possible ice lav is even fractionally as beautiful as your ice ghosts, they would make for sweet eye candy! (did that sentence make sense? lol ) Anyway I really look forward to seeing your babies! Get some pics up ASAP!

Old 07-12-2004, 02:33 PM   #6
ecreipeoj
Eye Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaphe4herps
PUT YOUR FOTOS ON THIS THREAD! If your possible ice lav is even fractionally as beautiful as your ice ghosts, they would make for sweet eye candy! (did that sentence make sense? lol ) Anyway I really look forward to seeing your babies! Get some pics up ASAP!
I took a few photos of the two corns from this clutch that are out of the egg. The Anery A was the first one out and is a very nice example of an Anery A. The second one out is one that I suspected was a Lavender when it was in the egg, but now I suspect that it is an Ice Ghost. Since we really do not know what a Lava Lavender will look like, I am not going to make that call yet.

The difference between an Ice Ghost and an “Ice” Lavender, may only be the difference between an Anery A Ghost and Lavender Ghost. I consider the Hypo Lavenders to be a type of ghost since they are a hypo combined with one of the Anery type genes. The Lava Lavenders may resemble the Ice Ghost more than the Hypo Lavenders. The added Lavender color will certainly make for some more colorful types of Ghost. Number 16, seems to be bound and determined to be the last one out of the egg. It does have pink on it and may be an Opal for all I know.

The next clutch is due on the 21st and both females double clutched, so after they have all hatch, perhaps we will have enough examples of the different morphs to make some calls on which is a Lava Lavender. I would presume that after the first two clutches hatch, we will have a pretty good idea what we might expect from this combination. This is only the beginning. Down the road, selective breeding will be able to take this project in various directions.

The two hatchlings that have came out of the egg have one very interesting and potentially desirable thing in common. At first, I thought I was seeing things, but my girlfriend confirmed that the BLUE color on their heads extends into the light color on their bodies. It is a very light BLUE tint. The photos actually picked it up good enough that it can be seen. In person, there is no doubt that the BLUE tint extends the full length of their bodies. The third hatchling that will be out is like the second one out and then perhaps a normal. I will get some photos of them once they have came out of their egg.

Old 07-12-2004, 10:40 PM   #7
Simon
Joe,
You might be right...that little one does look like an Ice Ghost more than an "Ice" Lav. But as you said before, we haven't seen enough "Ice" Lav to be sure that this is different.

I also see what you mean on the blue tint on the anery. I hope that they don't lose that when they turn older. It would be pretty neat if they can keep the blue tint in as adults....then with selective breeding we might be able to get anerys with blue background~ LOL~ That would be too nice to be true~!!

Still waiting for some more pics Joe~!! More pics more pics~!!

Old 07-13-2004, 02:14 PM   #8
ecreipeoj
Sorry guys, this is all that I have to post at this time until #16 decides to come out. All of the clutch is Normals, Anerys, Lavenders, and possible Ice Ghost so far. Some have the blue tint on their heads that extends down their body and some do not, which is actually encouraging.

I can’t wait for the ones with the blue tint to shed. #16 is not playing fair! He/she was at the bottom of the pile, so it should be the last one out. There are other possibilities as to its delay out of the egg as well. The trials and tribulations of trying to create a new morph.

It will be interesting to see how this project plays out this year. I will share and keep you informed.

Old 07-13-2004, 08:40 PM   #9
Simon
#16 shed~~~~
and then Joe take tons of pics~~

Old 07-13-2004, 10:10 PM   #10
ecreipeoj
Actually, half of the clutch is out of their eggs and the others all have their noses out except for #16. The blood vessels look good and the egg is of good size, so we just have to wait.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google