CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

"Blued Steel" Pippies!

Old 07-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #91
ecreipeoj
Quote:
Originally Posted by carol
It's too dark to be a Hypo Lav Mot. Looks like a Dilute Lav Motley. It really makes me wonder about some of the odd ball lavs I hatched this year.
I have been wondering what is going on in a couple of my Lavender Groups for a couple of years now. I knew I didn’t have the hypo gene in the mix, but something very similar to a Hypo Lav would pop up every now and then. Here are a few photos of the some odd ball Lav Motleys that I started calling “Sunset” Motleys. These photos were taken when they were very small and look similar to the one that Rob just hatched out, but Robs seems to be more purple and something else seems different, but I can't put my finger on it.

Today, the male doesn’t look as dramatically different as he did when he was a hatchling. I have been watching the lavender color come in gradually over the years, and now he looks similar to a high pink Lav Motley.

Old 07-20-2006, 11:11 PM   #92
SODERBERGD
Yes . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpwidgets

She was originally thought to be a hypo motley. She came from parents that looked like her, the one sibling we had also looked the same. (My understanding is that this is what her parents look like: http://cornsnake.net/gallery.php3?id=59)
Serp, that is the mother of the one(s) you got from me. Suspicious, eh?

Old 07-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #93
ecreipeoj
I asked Rob about the “Normals” in the clutch and he double check and they are all Hypos, so my link to the Sunsets is no longer.
Quote:
Joe
I don't know what I was thinking. They are Hypo's, I just went look to make
sure. As for what morph it is, all I know is that it has more of
Bluish tint to it than the Pastels that come from the same line.
I will try and get a comparison shot as soon as they all pop out.
Thanks Rob

Old 07-22-2006, 07:20 AM   #94
Susan
Rob's results are really giving me goosebumps! Those baby pics are exactly what I would expect them to look like. I've not seen any of my hypo babies look unusual or dilute...yet. I couldn't swear about any of the ghost hatchlings however. But the effects of the dilute trait in some morphs may be very subtle...like in the lavenders. I can definately see a subtle blue wash in the subadult pics, but the color of mature lavenders and hypolavs may be too similar to that of dilute lavs/hypolavs in some individuals.

I've attached some pics of this year's hypo motley female hatchling and some of the '04 males. They share the same mother, but different fathers...mother may be het dilute and father of the males may be het dilute...but neither are proven. (Pics in order - '06 female just after 1st shed, 1st male Nov '04 and March '06, 2nd male Oct '04 and Oct '05) None of these look to be dilute, but it would be interesting to test breed Serp's "hypo" female.

Old 07-22-2006, 02:51 PM   #95
sarah s
mmm my amel is showing something very simular to this but in pink red colous rather than the blues that are being seen in these anerys.

Old 07-22-2006, 02:55 PM   #96
sarah s
infact my amel looks very like the second one down that you just posted susan however it was sold as amel without hypo in it. Pity I cant test it for a few years to see if their is hypo in it I suspect there might be. 1st male Nov '04 is the one that looks most like my little one.

Old 07-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #97
SnakeAround
Susan, that first baby is AMAZING!

Old 07-22-2006, 04:15 PM   #98
sarah s
mmm even if my little one was hypo it would be masked by the amel so something is deffinetly going on with him or her. I will try to get some good pices up of him her soon.

Old 07-22-2006, 04:18 PM   #99
sarah s
I should be able to test out the lavs and hypo lavs in a few years as well as I can use the pair I am getting with my amel as well as pair them without the possible trait in as well.

Old 07-28-2006, 04:22 PM   #100
ecreipeoj
Blue Motley het Hypo X Het Blue Motley Pewter 50% poss het Hypo

These first two photos are of hatchings from Robs hets for Blue Motley Pewter female. It makes since that the “hypo” looking hatchlings in the first two photos are most likely the Dilute phenotypes, unless Rob happened to pick out a 50% poss het Hypo female. The Blue Motley father of this clutch has proven to be het for Hypo, so it clouds the issue. The Normal Blue is also in one of the photos.

The last photo is of a female Striped Blue from a different clutch.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google