CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

"Blued Steel" Pippies!

Old 07-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #21
Hurley
Found a few pics from Josh and Taylor's clutch. Still can't find my whole folder, harrumph.

Don't know how much help these photos will be as my camera suckethed greatly then, but here they are:

Old 07-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #22
dionythicus
I've got one that I first thought was a ghost when I brought her home from the pet store and I've gone through the "it's a ghost, no it's anery, no it's a ghost, no it's anery" a million times. Now I'm really curious about the blued steel because this one is picking up pink/purple in the saddles and in the sides. Here are some pics from purchase in March to today's outside pics (in blue of course). The first time I posted a hatchling pic, someone mentioned that she looked very much like the blued steel babies. I don't know what to think. I couldn't have gotten that lucky at a pet store, could I?

Old 07-02-2006, 05:28 PM   #23
Candy_Cane1
For sale

These lavender, purpleish colored snakelets are ADORIBLE! how much would one sell those for? im very interested.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #24
Susan
I'm all in favor of keeping the "blue" name. I've only added the "steel" part as it hasn't been proven yet that mine are compatable with the others...and to keep hubby happy for awhile. Once the compatibility is proven, I'll adopt the original name of blue motleys, if I don't do it earlier. And the pic of the normal "dilute" motley Joe posted actually looks like the color has been "blued" as well as diluted, so using that name may actually still fit with all the color combos...if the "bluing" holds true in them as well.

And Candy Cane1, any of mine are currently not for sale. I'm not sure who may have any blue motleys for sale, but you can try Bayou Reptiles. I think they are currently selling them as their "light phase" anery motleys (price is $125), but ask just to be sure if they're the same as the blue motleys.

Old 07-09-2006, 06:58 PM   #25
ecreipeoj
Recovered Blue Motleys

I just received this email from Rob at Bayou Reptile. If you ask me, this clutch proves that the Blue Motleys are caused by a mutant gene. They have several Test Breedings with the Blue Motleys that will be producing this year. This first one, is from a Blue Motley X Anery Striped Breeding. The Test Breeders would be Anery Motleys het for Dilute Striped.

They out crossed the Blue Motley and then bred the F1s back together and produced Blue Motleys and Anery Motleys in the same clutch. What other proof do we need? They are not caused by the Hypo gene, and must be caused by a dilute gene, just like in other animals. A dilute black is BLUE.
Quote:
Joe

Here is part of the clutch from the Blue Motley X Anery Stripe.

The results were Blue Motleys, Anery Motleys and one Stripe that seems to be
Anery Stripe.

I will send you a pic of the whole clutch as soon as they all come out of
the eggs.

Thanks Rob

Old 07-09-2006, 10:31 PM   #26
carol
Had the original animals been tested for Hypo A?

Old 07-09-2006, 11:02 PM   #27
Susan
There is another thread discussing the dilute gene... http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36683
You'll find additional pics of dilute corns, including a dilute (blue) ghost. I will test my blues with hypo A (they do carry the gene) when they are old enough, but I really don't think it'll be necessary by then. When compared side-by-side with anery and ghost clutchmates, you can see that the blues are something totally different. This is one of last year's blues with her siblings.

Old 07-09-2006, 11:33 PM   #28
ecreipeoj
I will find out how much testing they have done to Hypo A. I understand why that question would be ask, but the ones I have are not Ghost Motleys. In person, they are not even close. I do see how anybody could make the correlation.

All I really know about Hypo A in them, is the original ones did produce a Ghost version of the Blue Motley. They are an extreme Pastel Motley and really do not look like the Blue Motleys much at all. Here are a few more photos that Rob just sent me of the 06 Blue Motleys and siblings and a Pastel Motley from the Blue line.

He has some Hets from a Blue Motley X Pewter breeding, that will be extremely interesting to see hatch out. A Dilute gene would definitely have a very similar effect on Charcoals.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:06 AM   #29
ecreipeoj
I found this in one of the emails Rob sent me. I sent him an email to see what the ratio of Hypos to Normals was in this clutch. He refers to the Blues as being het for Hypo, so I assume that he knows this based upon his breeding results.
Quote:
I also bred the Blue's into Hypo Lavender, and got Hypo's and held back 1.2
and have eggs incubating on those also.
The Blue's are het Hypo, as we have been getting Ghosts since the first
breeding.

Old 07-10-2006, 12:16 AM   #30
dionythicus
That purple-pink background colour in the pastel ghost is exactly what is showing up in the saddles of mine. The the spots coming up from the belly on the side are turning a distinct pink hue as well. She was in blue for this pic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google