• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Mandy the normal corn snake

DollysMom

It never gets old!
I'm so pleased to introduce you to a very special snake lady named Mandy!

Vital statistics:

Rescue: Friends of Scales Reptile Rescue
Hatch date: ?, ?, 2003?
Morph: Normal
Sex: Female
Adoption date: April 24, 2016
Age at adoption: 12 years?
Weight at adoption: ?
Name: Mandy (meaning worthy of love)

I've been keeping a big secret from all but a few friends and family for about a month as we completed the adoption application process. Last night, we were able to pick Mandy up and bring her home. She was flicking and exploring her ventilated sweater box and paper towels the whole way home.

I've loved the idea of her for a long time. Now that she's home, I'm falling in love with her. As you can see in these pictures, she's adorable. :)

She had a few special needs like a home without small children. Since she is older she needs gentle handling and a touch of arthritis requires feeding two smaller mice instead of one larger.

If you see some stuck shed on her tail in the pictures, yes I know and yes it will be addressed.

I don't have a weight yet and won't until I give her time to settle in. Judging her size as she crawls around the viv, I'm guessing she's just shy of 5 feet long. She's lean, muscular and well proportioned.

She has beautiful belly checkers and a couple of nice wild type melanin stripes that I love.

I have her in a large Exo Terra viv and want nothing more than to give her all the love and the most luxurious accommodations I have to give. She deserves the very best.

Without further ado, meet my beautiful lady, Mandy:

vSpQStQl.jpg

G1l1rOnl.jpg

DZjh4xel.jpg

All I had to do was gently lift her and guide her head into the viv. She crawled in all on her own after that.

01LjCWel.jpg

33chss6l.jpg

qkIbZkSl.jpg

NeqczFDl.jpg

This morning

Some more shots this morning through the glass. Gotta love this little face!

QPbdiRHl.jpg

oGS56UWl.jpg

Rock or log?

7m2DJZ9l.jpg

Belly checkers!

YvIozful.jpg

Me love my new vine.

X5FQlPvl.jpg

That's so exciting! Congrats! I am so happy for you and for her that she has a great forever home with you and your very capable care.

She is very cute :)

I agree on the imminent shed. She's actually in her rock now, which is her humid hide, so she knows what she needs.

Thank you Daddio! She's totally special and I'm so lucky to have her.

Where is that rock from? And the log in the back right if you don't mind me asking. They are both pretty cool looking.

Where is that rock from? And the log in the back right if you don't mind me asking. They are both pretty cool looking.

The log is just a ZooMed large cork round that I split. I picked it up at Pet Supplies Plus. The rock is the large Exo Terra snake cave that I got on an Amazon Warehouse deal. It's the old style that some folks don't like but Mandy and I like it fine ;)

Thank you! I might pick up one of those rock things for Jag if I can find one. Once, again, she is adorable! And as lucky as you were to found her, I'm sure she was to have found you. Keep the pictures coming. They are adorable (especially that belly!)

You are welcome. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. If the past is a predictor of the future, there will be many, many pictures, lol :D

Whoa! are you serious? She is gorgeous.

She looks "Blue" or at least semi-blue in some of those pics. Never heard of a snake with Arthritis before. That has to be a difficult for a snake. Does it hamper her ability to get around?

Does she take to Handling ok?

I have Rufus in the same kind of Cage. I love those Front opening Exo Terras.

Last edited:
Whoa! are you serious? She is gorgeous.

She looks "Blue" or at least semi-blue in some of those pics. Never heard of a snake with Arthritis before. That has to be a difficult for a snake. Does it hamper her ability to get around?

Does she take to Handling ok?

Thank you, Karl! :)

Daddio mentioned the shed, too, and I agree. Last night they told me she would probably shed soon but I only really saw it in the daylight. Don't know whether she's going blue or going clear, but you can see it both in the eyes and the belly checkers for sure. I'm guessing she's already been blue but the next few days will tell.

She seems totally normal in movement to me so far. She can curl up in a hide or fold herself in half just fine. She has been exploring very calmly off and on, especially at dusk last night and early this morning. I think she's covered every inch of her new viv. I understand the impairment is mostly her jaws, therefore the smaller mice.

So far, she's very calm and gentle. The little I have handled, to guide her into her viv, she's been totally calm. If it turns out she doesn't tolerate handling very much, I have two others to get my handling fix with :D

I am so excited for you! Love Mandy she is beautiful and so happy she has her forever home! Adoption first! [emoji7][emoji216]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back