CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Thor - albino Cape House Snake

Old 06-02-2017, 12:17 PM   #21
DollysMom
You can hold him for a short while any day he's not digesting or in shed. I also do not handle on feeding day. How long a handling session is kind of subjective, but you can usually tell if they start to get too agitated. The younger generally the shorter the session.

Best wishes!

Old 06-02-2017, 12:28 PM   #22
Magdalen
Thank you Yeah I only held him at most 5 minutes. I returned him once he had settled down, kind of like ok now that you're calm, that's when you get to go back. Plus I was a dummy the night before and dropped a flash drive at the gas station in a bad part of town and had to meet the very nice lady who found it and tracked me down.

Plus it gave me a chance to get a really good look at him. Once he's more at ease and I don't have to worry about him flying off I'll get some in hand photos.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:14 PM   #23
Magdalen
Since he was a lot less jumpy yesterday I was able to get some in hand pictures that show his colors better. And got a weight on him: 18 grams! He did really well. He's being a lot calmer than I was expecting him to be. He did have a few I'm going to freeze and hope she goes away moments but a lot less jumpy/popping in my hand.

Aaaaand when I was at the store getting his food I was so tempted by a cute little paradox albino sand boa.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:46 PM   #24
Tavia
He is a gorgeous little guy!

Old 06-04-2017, 12:07 AM   #25
DollysMom
That's one handsome little boy you have there!

Old 06-04-2017, 12:29 AM   #26
Magdalen
Thank you! He's an adorable little guy. I'm kind of going why aren't you going crazy? I was expecting you to go crazy ahaha. I guess it's better he's being easy on me.

OOOoooh and I forgot to share my little art project. His records came to me on a 3x5 index card, so I figured I'd keep doing the same, since I'm used to that. I found a little booklet of index cards but no fun covers (the cover was just what it was plus the bar code). So I had the brillant idea to paint over it. I'll get around to adding his name too.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:45 AM   #27
DollysMom
That's really pretty!

Old 06-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #28
Magdalen
Thank you �� I'm not so good with lettering so I've put off doing his name. Not to mention I keep wondering if his name should be Thor (I'm a Chris Hemsworth fan and Kevin didn't seem like a strong enough name for him).

Old 06-04-2017, 03:09 PM   #29
DollysMom
Thor is an awesome name. If I can name my African house snake a strong Scots name like Clyde why can't you name yours a strong Viking name like Thor? Besides you've got a "blonde", lol.

Old 06-04-2017, 03:55 PM   #30
Magdalen
Haha I do have a blonde so to speak. I do think it works for my handsome little guy. Plus Kevin is kind of silly and he's not silly.
I had to return to the pet store to get his food cause I was a dummy and got the wrong size. As I was there I was eyeing that sand boa (guy that was working there thought I came back for him) I heard a woman talk about a couple of snakes she found in her backyard. She couldn't catch both but she wasn't sure what they were. She brought one in and as I'm edging over I hear the clerk to oh yeah these were released by someone. She had with her a decent sized sand boa about to shed but otherwise healthy looking. A sign maybe haha

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google