CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Unplug the heat mat on the night? is this substrate Ok?

Old 09-04-2017, 06:02 AM   #21
Patmart
That's what George does it's a great feeling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-04-2017, 08:06 AM   #22
Snooki
Thats great. Will try the same.
How long time take it before he going on toilet after eating a pinky?
Is it easy to find it or does it smell so i know when it's time to clean it out?

Got a exo terrarium 30x30x30 today. Could it live inside it 3-4 more months and how big should the next terrarium be?

Many questions here but i appriciate all help i could get

Old 09-04-2017, 08:33 AM   #23
Patmart
It's great to be able to help I can't answer that one my George had a poo on me yesterday
As far as cleaning poo up I do a look around once a week and do a deep clean once a month
It is easy to see it's black
Pat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 09-04-2017, 08:47 AM   #24
Karl_Mcknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooki View Post
Is it easy to find it or does it smell so i know when it's time to clean it out?

Got a exo terrarium 30x30x30 today. Could it live inside it 3-4 more months and how big should the next terrarium be?

I assume the 30x30x30 is centimeters? That's roughly 12x12x12 inches. That's ok for a baby and will do for a short while. If your cage dimensions were in inches, then you won't need to upsize. Most people say a 20 gallon or larger is fine for an adult corn snake. In my opinion, 20 gallons is a bit small. I would suggest 30 to 40 gallons for an adult. (I currently have a 30 Gallon).

For future reference, there are 231 cubic inches to a gallon (length times width times height.) So, for a 40 gallon tank for example, you'd be looking for something like: 32 inches long by 18 inches wide by 16 inches tall. (There are 2.54 centimeters to an inch) So the same dimensions above in centimeters would be 81 by 45 by 41.

Old 09-04-2017, 08:52 AM   #25
Karl_Mcknight
Quote:

It depends on the age of the snake, the temperatures inside the cage and the size of the meal. Babies tend to have a faster digestion rate than adult snakes. If a baby is on a 5 day feed schedule and eating correct size pinkies and kept in correct temps, I would expect poop in 2 to 3 days after eating. An adult on the other hand eating on a 14 day feed schedule can take about 3 to 6 days for the poop. If the temps are too cool, the digestion process will take longer. If the snake is about to shed, it may hold its poop and could actually refuse to eat and refuse to poop for several weeks.

Old 09-04-2017, 11:36 AM   #26
Em.Mo.Clark
Quote:

Usually a corn snake will poo 3-5 days after feeding. My little guy (3 1/2 old Amel) poos usually 3 days after feeding. I use aspen bedding which is a light color, so it's easy for me to find his poo. It doesn't smell, so I rely on seeing the small dark patch where he's used the restroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-04-2017, 12:45 PM   #27
Snooki
Yes it is centimeter. How long do you think i could keep him there?
Now the corn snake is 30 centimeter long.

He eat a pinkey in pet store at thursday, and i bought him on saturday and no poo yet.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:47 PM   #28
Karl_Mcknight
when he gets to be about 50 to 60 centimeters I'd move him to his "Adult tank."

Old 09-04-2017, 12:57 PM   #29
Snooki
Here is pics of the size of pinkey that he just took.
Should i offer him one more? Or wait 5 days?

Also some pics of the new home.

Old 09-04-2017, 01:01 PM   #30
Snooki
Quote:
Here is pics of the size of pinkey that he just took.
Should i offer him one more? Or wait 5 days?

Also some pics of the new home.
Putted him in a box and like you see he likes to hang when he eats, i let him hang there and i just removed him slowly after he had swallow.
I did not know he was going to the top at the box. It went Ok but next time it is best to close the food box i think..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google