CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Regerg and shedding?

Old 09-27-2017, 12:55 AM   #1
LionessModeling
Regerg and shedding?

My anery has regerged it's meals and has just shedding could this be due to shedding?
Is it normal for a corn to regerg it meals twice in a row?
This anery is under weight and very thin.

Would it be a good time to feed it now since it has finished shedding?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Old 09-27-2017, 12:56 AM   #2
LionessModeling
If a corn is foing into shed is it normal for it to regugitate it's food?

My anery regerged 2 times and just shed it's skin.

It's been about 14 days now without it keeping a meal down should I try and feed now that it's finished it's shed?

Old 09-29-2017, 10:05 PM   #3
Corning
Oh my. That is really not good. You need to not feed him a good 10 days. Just leave him alone. Then give him a smaller than normal mouse. How old is he? If he regurgitate again you should take him to a vet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 09-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #4
LionessModeling
He's just over 4 years old from what I was told from the previous owner.

It's been roughly 72 hours now since he was fed and hasn't regerged so that good because last 2 times he did it was the day after he ate that he regerged

Old 09-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
MysticExotics
When I have had a snake regurge, the majority of the time it has been due to me missing the sign that they were in clear phase, and they regurged to be able to shed, they otherwise wouldn't have been able to get the shed past the meal lump.

It happens sometimes, it can be hard to tell on some snakes when they're in clear phase.

Follow the regurge protocol to a "T", so you do not risk more regurges, which can ultimately be fatal to your snake.

If you do not have NutriBAC on hand, I would order some. It helps their system after a regurge, and is also an appetite stimulant, which can be used on problem feeders.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:23 PM   #6
LionessModeling
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
When I have had a snake regurge, the majority of the time it has been due to me missing the sign that they were in clear phase, and they regurged to be able to shed, they otherwise wouldn't have been able to get the shed past the meal lump.

It happens sometimes, it can be hard to tell on some snakes when they're in clear phase.

Follow the regurge protocol to a "T", so you do not risk more regurges, which can ultimately be fatal to your snake.

If you do not have NutriBAC on hand, I would order some. It helps their system after a regurge, and is also an appetite stimulant, which can be used on problem feeders.
Thank you for the info.
The anery just regerged again this afternoon (4 days after feeding)

Old 09-30-2017, 03:35 PM   #7
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessModeling View Post
Thank you for the info.
The anery just regerged again this afternoon (4 days after feeding)

Get the nutribac, follow the protocol to a T, and get the heating situation fixed before you feed again.

Also I'm going to suggest separating your snakes into separate enclosures while the one is in such bad shape.

Also, if you can, I'd at least talk to a snake vet. With the snake being thin, the problems may be due to parasites. That can also cause regurges.

I'm so sorry your snake is so ill. I'll be thinking of you and your snake.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:37 PM   #8
LionessModeling
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Get the nutribac, follow the protocol to a T, and get the heating situation fixed before you feed again.

Also I'm going to suggest separating your snakes into separate enclosures while the one is in such bad shape.

Also, if you can, I'd at least talk to a snake vet. With the snake being thin, the problems may be due to parasites. That can also cause regurges.

I'm so sorry your snake is so ill. I'll be thinking of you and your snake.
Thank you

Old 09-30-2017, 04:20 PM   #9
LionessModeling
I talked to my friends sister who breeds and sells many types of snakes and reptiles and said the anery is going into hibernation so I put him in a container with enough substrate to burrow, a fake plant, and a dish of water and placed the container in the linen closet

Old 09-30-2017, 05:29 PM   #10
DollysMom
Wow, I don't know who that is, but corn snakes don't hibernate. Something is way off in the information they gave you.

They can be brumated, but they won't go into brumation (kind of a slow down but less than full hibernation) if kept at normal room temperatures. I believe that brumating your snake by cooling it right now would be a death sentance.

Your snake will not "hibernate" in the closet at normal room temperatures; but the quiet, undisturbed setting may help. Change out the water frequently. Your snake still needs a day night cycle, since they are not hibernating so an LED light (less fire danger) on a timer will be helpful.

When it is time to start feeding again according to the protocol, you need to make sure you have proper heat for digestion. Your snake will regurge again if you do not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google