CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

One more corn lover!

Old 03-02-2011, 04:41 PM   #81
anerybree
Naagas, her name is Temple Grandin!

Old 03-06-2011, 09:55 PM   #82
Amelavender
The dog I mentioned that had kidney problems that seemingly recovered has relapsed into an even worse condition. She's only four and her kidneys are failing. So everyone is depressed right now. Except for my stepsister, because she's six. The dog, our brindle mastiff Maggie, will be put asleep tomorrow unless the vet can't come to our house then. Mom wants it to be when she's home. I'm staying home tomorrow.

As I am typing this, she is going into seizures. We may go into urgent care tonight. None of us can stand it.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #83
***Beth***
OH NO! So sorry

Old 03-06-2011, 11:50 PM   #84
Naagas
I am so sorry.

Old 03-07-2011, 12:01 AM   #85
Amelavender
She was put to sleep an hour ago. We just got home. My stepdad and I are going to bury her tomorrow.

In an odd chain of events, a family friend who is also a mastiff breeder has a brindle female that she cannot keep because her other dogs don't like it. She is going to give her to us for free.

The downside is, her name is Chunky Monkey.

I'll miss my "maggot". Horrible nickname, I know. Maggie was my favorite. She gave the best kisses. Her kisses consisted of little licks and nose nibbles. I'll miss them.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:01 AM   #86
Dustilyn
Sorry about your dog. It is very painful to lose a pet, but something about losing a young pet is exceptionally sad. We had a Chinese Crested puppy that had some major health issues and had to be put down when he was only two. Too sad.

So, I had to pipe in on this thread because my son has Aspergers too. He's almost 12.
I recognized it in your writing almost right away. Yes, there are struggles, especially with the social stuff and being misunderstood, but there are also many advantages to it. Most notably, you clearly know a lot of facts about snakes. You may not have the best information on caring for a pet snake, but that is because you only know what you were taught. Now that you have access to good info you will learn it quickly and Jack will be happier and healthier for it. Btw, my son's ball python is named Jack. He named it after his grandfather who is petrified of snakes.

Like your mom, I kind of have trouble letting my son be as independent as he would like to be. For me it comes from a place of fear. I'm afraid others will hurt him, either physically or emotionally and I'm afraid he will do something that is misinterpreted by others and get hurt or in trouble. I don't know your mom, but wonder if she maybe feels the same way. Maybe that's something you can explore with your therapist?

As for the snakes, wait on getting a new one if you can. I understand it's hard to let go of something you are really excited about, but it really would be for the best. With your mind for facts you have the potential to learn and then teach your pet store friend a better way of doing things. Learn genetics and then when you get a chance to get more snakes you will know exactly what you want to breed for and how to accomplish it. I wish I had the ability to memorize facts as well as I suspect you do!

Old 03-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #87
Amelavender
It feels so unreal... Like I'm dreaming. Like my mind can't accept it, can't wrap around this truth that I so horribly want to be a lie. If I stay in my room, my mind can be in denial, at least until I have to come out and face reality. It doesn't matter how many deaths you've experienced. I am forced to relive every loss I've ever had. The pain never goes away, but in time, it will lessen. And you're left with the memories of love and happiness that is are forever, and think back with a tear and a smile.

I feel a bit better after writing that.

Old 03-09-2011, 04:59 PM   #88
carnivorouszoo
Ok I can not read any more I am getting a headache. All I want to say is that if you can not KEEP more than TWO snakes DO NOT BREED. You HAVE to KEEP ALL the babies until they are eating and shedding ok, then you HAVE TO KEEP them until they sell. So you could have the 2 adults plus 1 to 30 babies for anywhere from 2 months to MANY YEARS. Tell your mom you can not breed if you can not KEEP more than 2 because it is impossible to sell them the second they hatch unless they are super rare morphs or het for them. And even then not many people go for hatchlings right out of the egg.

I am not going to say anything else because man I really want to go off on a lot of what the OP has said so far and I am only 7 pages through. . . .

Old 03-10-2011, 02:39 PM   #89
Dreamsnake
I'm sorry your dog is gone. It is always hard to lose a friend. Try to remember her as the happy dog she was before her problems started and remember that she's at peace.

Old 03-10-2011, 04:12 PM   #90
Amelavender
@Carnivorouszoo

Maybe if you'd read it through instead of jumping on me and repeating what everyone else has said, you'd have realized I've taken the advice. You may or may not have noticed that I am not a neurotypical individual, and I might not be as mature as I should be at 19. If you took the time to finish reading only two pages, you'd also have realized that I'm going through a hard time because my dog just died.

Good job looking like a total jerk, I hope you feel happy with that.

To everyone else, thanks. I feel really bad for my other dog, Grace. She is not eating and acting depressed. She tucks her tail and isn't as playful as usual. She has another dog to play with, though. That dog hasn't been affected by Maggie's passing, thankfully. Probably because she's only eight months old and hasn't had a four year bond like Grace had. I don't know if the other dogs will notice, the rest are in the barns. Except for the old cocker mix who doesn't like the big dogs. But they like her, if course. It's quite funny. Always thought she'd be the first to go, though.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google