• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Newbie snake owner and new forum member! :-)

Here's her "new look"! Post-shed pictures :)

Attachments

• IMG_0331crop_sale.JPG
    IMG_0331crop_sale.JPG
    263.3 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0342cropsharp_scale.JPG
    IMG_0342cropsharp_scale.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0346crop_scale.JPG
    IMG_0346crop_scale.JPG
    238 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0365crop_scale.JPG
    IMG_0365crop_scale.JPG
    253.1 KB · Views: 72
:-offtopic

This is a long thread!!

OK, someone just had to make the 100th post, didn't they? :D

Yep, Kathy, that's my Sneak! I would like to get another corn or maybe a hognose, but for now I'm going to wait... at least until winter is over!

"Please, enough pictures! I'll be in my trailer..." ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0348scale.JPG
    IMG_0348scale.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 64
Sneak looks awesome, great pics! He's getting a little lighter like mine. I just got around to picking up a scale to track growth /weight. Raj is currently weighing in at 7.7 grams, 13inches long. You got stats on you little guy?

Sneak looks awesome, great pics! He's getting a little lighter like mine. I just got around to picking up a scale to track growth /weight. Raj is currently weighing in at 7.7 grams, 13inches long. You got stats on you little guy?

Thanks! I got stats for you tonight right before feeding her: She's 11 grams (my scale doesn't do decimals) and she's 16.2 inches! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0386crop_scale.JPG
    IMG_0386crop_scale.JPG
    275.4 KB · Views: 55
Showin' off my beautiful girl again... ;)

So... when this picture was taken, she had eaten exactly 48 hours earlier. Discernible lump? I think I can maybe still see a bit of one... She's between 13 and 14 grams and eating her 3g pinkies. I'm amazed how fast they digest such a large food item relative to their bodies!

Also, I think her anery yellow is coming in on her neck. Loverly!

Attachments

• IMG_0396crop_scale.JPG
    IMG_0396crop_scale.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 32
Sneak looks awesome and nice n healthy. Congrats!

Raj is currently in blue, I will post some post-shed pics of him soon...
I love this friggin snake!

She is beutiful! (Raj also, can't wait to see is new post-shed pics).

I am really liking the progression pictures. Very fun to see!

Thanks guys! She continues to do well. Will have to post more pictures soon, as she has shed since the last ones I posted. Also, she's right on the border between single and double pinks (she's just about 16 grams) so I'm getting nervous for that! I know she can handle it, but I'm still the nervous new mom! Her next big milestone has arrived... :)

I look forward to seeing more pics of Raj, too! It will be cool to see how they both change and diverge/stay the same in appearance.

...aaaand here she is again! The second picture is what it looks like when your snake has sat very nicely for several minutes of pictures, but then decides she's done with all the attention and wants to go be by herself. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0461crop_colors_scale.JPG
    IMG_0461crop_colors_scale.JPG
    201.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0463crop_colors_scale.JPG
    IMG_0463crop_colors_scale.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 45
Hi Everyone,

Finally on vacation, so happy for that! If I didn't get some time off my head was going to explode :blowup: My little buddy Raj is doing great, growing and curious as ever. His second shed went well, this time it was a full shed which was awesome. He is currently 16.5 inches long and weighs in at 12.4g. His color is turning more of a rich brown color with a contrasting grayish white, and his entire belly is a shinny pearly white.

Tomorrow night I might try feeding him 2 pinkies for the first time. I know it might be a little early but I think he can handle it. A special Xmas meal, ...you know!

Merry Christmas from Raj and Family!

Attachments

• P1020561.jpg
    P1020561.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 37
  • P1020564.jpg
    P1020564.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 37
  • P1020585.jpg
    P1020585.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 37
  • P1020588.jpg
    P1020588.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 37
  • P1020590.jpg
    P1020590.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 37
JennaJ - You take the nicest pics of Sneak! :)

Thanks! I love yours too, especially these Christmas-themed ones. So great! Glad to hear he is doing well! They've got a lot in common, sounds like Raj and Sneak are still long-lost siblings ;)

Sneak has passed 15 grams, but I haven't worked up the courage to give her two pinkies yet! I've got some rather large pinkies (over 4 grams!) that I figure she can eat through first :eatpointe

I finally fed Raj 2 pinkies in one feeding yesterday and he ate it with no hesitation! He acted normally and seems calm today. We'll see...

On a different topic:
I have only ever used paper towel as a substrate vs other options (barks, etc) because it is very easy to maintain the terarium clean and Raj does not seem to have any problem with it.

Anyone have any comments?

I like my current substrate choice and he has plenty of hides, but I worry about Raj's need to burrow as he is getting older. Thank u my peeps!

I just gave Sneak her first two pinkies the other night (2 days ago) she's been hiding, but I also think that has something to do with her being about to shed in a few days (she wasn't in blue when I fed her, don't worry)

I use aspen, just because it seems to be the substrate of choice for most corn keepers. I was using Reptibark, but I thought it was making her sneeze. Turns out, I think, that she was just sneezing a few times leading up to shedding. But, the aspen is nice. You can't feed them on it, but I've worked out a system where I have her on a large tray within her tank for feeding. When she finishes eating, she just finds her way off the tray.

Back