CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Salmon Ghost

Old 03-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #31
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tuttle View Post
I think it may have been a great idea 10 years ago. But why add to the confusion that already runs so rampant in our industry with yet another name change? I think Don summed it up pretty well with the quote below.
So Tom, you think it should stay:

Coral Snow = Amel + Anery + Hypo A
Coral Ghost = Anery + Hypo A

Salmon Snow = Amel + Anery + Strawberry
Salmon Ghost = Anery + Strawberry

I'm just trying to figure out what's the best term to go by on these so there is NO confusion, but I think it's past that already. The way I have it layed out above is the way I think of it, ( it seems to easily seperate the Hypo A trait and the Strawberry trait ) but it seems that also causes confusion.

As I mentioned in one of my other posts, I don't understand that if JMG's line of Snows & Ghosts are both derived from the Strawberry line, then why are they labled differently........as "SALMON" Snow & "CORAL" Ghost

I'm not against anyone here. I'm asking because I'm actually in favor of doing something that helps do away with the confusion.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 03-09-2012, 10:47 PM   #32
dave partington
Not real sure how we'd notify everyone globally about the name change. I think I'll let you do that.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:25 AM   #33
Susan
I have a funny feeling that I'll just be calling mine "really pink ghosts/snows/whatever" as I don't think this will be figured out any time soon.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:34 AM   #34
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
Not real sure how we'd notify everyone globally about the name change. I think I'll let you do that.
Dave, what name change??
I'm not looking to find a name change. I'm looking to find out how everyone else identifies pink/extreme pink corns that are Hypo A based vs. Strawberry based so I can get on the bus as well.

Let me ask you, seeing that you and your partner are purchasing Jeff's collection, how are you going to lable them?? Are you going to keep them labled as SALMON Snows & CORAL Ghosts???

The reason I ask is, due to the fact that those Snows are Strawberry based, I would think that is the reason for the SALMON tag on them(??), to seperate them from Hypo A based. If this is the case then those Ghosts from Jeff should also be labled as SALMON Ghosts seeing they are also Strawberry based don't you think??

Corals have been synonymous to Hypo A for years. Calling a extreme pink corn that is Strawberry based a CORAL is a bit confusing to me.

Lemme know what your thoughts are on this.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 03-10-2012, 07:36 AM   #35
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I have a funny feeling that I'll just be calling mine "really pink ghosts/snows/whatever" as I don't think this will be figured out any time soon.
LOL.........I'm trying to get input to figure out which bus to get on, but it seems I'll be riding to school with you Susan

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 03-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #36
dave partington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Smith View Post

Let me ask you, seeing that you and your partner are purchasing Jeff's collection, how are you going to lable them?? Are you going to keep them labled as SALMON Snows & CORAL Ghosts???
yes.

Quote:
The reason I ask is, due to the fact that those Snows are Strawberry based, I would think that is the reason for the SALMON tag on them(??), to seperate them from Hypo A based. If this is the case then those Ghosts from Jeff should also be labled as SALMON Ghosts seeing they are also Strawberry based don't you think??
If this is a fact, why have I never seen a simple strawberry anery, or a simple strawberry amel, on the JMG pricelists, website, table at any show, or online site they market their snakes on?

Quote:
Corals have been synonymous to Hypo A for years. Calling a extreme pink corn that is Strawberry based a CORAL is a bit confusing to me.
I have several corals from several different breeders, yet, when bred together, produce not-coral offspring.

Quote:
Lemme know what your thoughts are on this.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!
I am amused with
Quote:
I also have animals from the "Coral" line that came from Don, which is Hypo A based. I had a Coral Snow breeder on loan from Don a few years back and found that animal is Homo for Hypo A.
Perhaps they are merely visually Hypo A?

Until someone can present me with compelling reasons to spill the beans, I see no reason to give the answers to homework assignments.

Old 03-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #37
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave partington View Post
Perhaps they are merely visually Hypo A?

Until someone can present me with compelling reasons to spill the beans, I see no reason to give the answers to homework assignments.
I have a breeder pair of Anerys produced from the breeding of Don's Coral Snow X Granite. When those two Anery F1's are bred together I get:

Anerys
Snows
Hypos
Ghosts..............in which the Snows & Ghosts are Corals.

I'm gonna just step back and see how all this unfolds. I believe I'll just continue to lable MY snakes as CORALS (Hypo A based) & SALMONS (Strawberry based) to seperate the two DIFFERENT traits in these lines.

Thanks, Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 03-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #38
Tom Tuttle
Quote:
So Tom, you think it should stay:

Coral Snow = Amel + Anery + Hypo A
Coral Ghost = Anery + Hypo A

Salmon Snow = Amel + Anery + Strawberry
Salmon Ghost = Anery + Strawberry

I'm just trying to figure out what's the best term to go by on these so there is NO confusion, but I think it's past that already. The way I have it layed out above is the way I think of it, ( it seems to easily seperate the Hypo A trait and the Strawberry trait ) but it seems that also causes confusion.

As I mentioned in one of my other posts, I don't understand that if JMG's line of Snows & Ghosts are both derived from the Strawberry line, then why are they labled differently........as "SALMON" Snow & "CORAL" Ghost

I'm not against anyone here. I'm asking because I'm actually in favor of doing something that helps do away with the confusion.

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!
Ghost = Anery + Hypo A
Coral Ghost = Anery + Hypo + Strawberry (coral compound)
Salmon Snow = Amel + Anery + Strawberry from animals derived from Jim S line (this includes JMG)

Old 03-10-2012, 12:39 PM   #39
Walter Smith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Tuttle View Post
Ghost = Anery + Hypo A
Coral Ghost = Anery + Hypo + Strawberry (coral compound)
Salmon Snow = Amel + Anery + Strawberry from animals derived from Jim S line (this includes JMG)
FINALLY, I get a straight answer to my question, Thanks Tom.

Now, let me ask you this, in your opinion what would you consider these by appearence? Would you consider these Corals?

Walter
BOUT' CORNS !!

Old 03-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #40
Camby
Not sure what people would want to lable them, but I see a snow and a ghost and in my OPINION, I see no strawberry influence. But I hate "playing" the guess the morph game.

In Jim/JMG line corals and salmons, the pink SEEMS to be more uniformed from head to toe (or tail as it were). At least that is what I see in mine and the ones I have seen in person from JMG.

dc

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google