CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Puck the rescue snake.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
TwinBlades
Puck the rescue snake.

so I've already posted how I got this snake, this will be a thread about his progress. I brought him home yesterday, and today he took a pinky, unfortunately it was a bit big for him as I couldnt get any smaller pinkies. hopefully no harm will come from it. here is a photo of him before he ate.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #2
Nanci
In the future, if a pink is too big, cut it in half while still frozen. If he can't digest it before it rots inside him (if it's too big) he'll regurge it, and that's not a good thing at all.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #3
TwinBlades
thank you so much! i didn't know you could do that. I will chop his next feeding. I really hope he successfully eats this one. he's really small.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
Nanci
Just feed the one piece...With that small of a snake, I'd feed conservatively at first- a pink no bigger in diameter than the snake at his widest part. But it's okay to feed every 4-5 days.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
TwinBlades
can I cut them ahead of time or should I do it on feeding day before I thaw them?

Old 02-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
TwinBlades
after feeding

here's what he looks like now.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
Nanci
That worries me. Doesn't he have a hide? Why is he out in the open? DO NOT DISTURB him at all until he either digests or reguritates that.

But- at least he's a good feeder!

Old 02-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #8
TwinBlades
he has two hides. this pic was taken when I moved him back into his viv from his feeding box. he didn't seem to mind and went right over to the warm zone hide and curled up to digest. no regurge, and I'm watching him closely

Old 02-19-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
TwinBlades
I just realized the title for this thread sounds like a super hero comic lol
is there a way to delete a thread and restart in another catagory? this will probably need to go to general chit chat at some point because I won't be new forever.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
Justine66
oh geez! I second everything that nancie said about cutting his next meal in half length wise.. by the way you would want to do this while the pinky is still frozen, that way its blood and guts dont go all over the place. (that's no fun)

but yes, that's an amazing feeding response! he just about ate himself! (if he were all curled up!) he's a champ, best of luck to him on digesting his "big Mac meal of a mouse"!

aha, I hope this helps!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google