CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Puck the rescue snake.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #41
TwinBlades
Angry UPDATE: justice for Puck

okay, so I dropped by the place I got my little malnourished snake from, and did not see any improvement. so, I called my local animal wellfare department, I told them what I had seen (no water, mites, no heat and crowded conditions) and they are going to send some officers over to check it out. here's hoping they clean up their act before animals start dying, but by the smell they already have.

Old 02-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #42
LMS68
That's so sad.

I have a friend who managed a pet store for years & then owned & ran one & I've come to realize that she was one of the few that cared more about the animals than the dollar sign. All her animals came from excellent breeders & I don't even want to think about what her vet tab would've been, as she gave top notch care & if the animal needed vet attention, it got it, no if's and's or but's about it! She also took in unwanted animals & would find them homes, even the ones that were special needs (I adopted some from her or she would take them home & keep them herself).

If only half of them were as dedicated as she was!

I hope something comes of you making that call for those poor animals!

Old 03-17-2013, 02:59 PM   #43
TwinBlades
new substraight

well Puck has taken his 5th feeding without a hitch, and he is recovering well from his near death starvation. I've changed the tank substraight from aspen to echo-earth to try it out. so far I like it, it looks and feels natural, I can compost it into my sister's garden, and it keeps a nice level of humidity. Puck seems to like it too, but I will give it a few weeks before I make a more defined review of it. I will be posting photos of the new tank set-up later.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:22 PM   #44
LMS68
That is great to hear!

Old 03-31-2013, 11:51 AM   #45
TwinBlades
fully recovered (I think)

well Puck has gained a normal weight and lost all his wrinkles. he's now gone into blue, a sign he's growing? and I will be posting photos as soon as he sheds.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #46
Joba
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinBlades View Post
well Puck has gained a normal weight and lost all his wrinkles. he's now gone into blue, a sign he's growing? and I will be posting photos as soon as he sheds.
Awesome! Congrats and good job on nursing him back to health.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:08 PM   #47
sezmra
Glad to hear he's doing so well! Awesome job in nurturing his health.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:56 PM   #48
Becca58
Going into blue is an excellent sign that a shed is right around the corner. Our snakes will come out of blue, and within 2-3 days will shed. I wouldn't feed him again until after he sheds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinBlades View Post

Old 04-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #49
TwinBlades
post shed photo

yay!!! he shed this morning!

Old 04-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #50
TwinBlades
oopps here is the photos

here is the photo

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google