CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

"C" Anerythristic

Old 06-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #31
Rich Z
Well I certainly can't argue with your logic! But honestly, if and when I prove pretty much conclusively that this is a new gene, then I will try to come up with a more generic sounding name anyway. Something that most people in the world will be able to pronounce without apologizing beforehand for their attempt....

Old 06-10-2005, 11:06 PM   #32
swhiting
Very true. I can spell anerythristic never claimed to be much good at saying it.
I guess I was also interested in the possibility of a non-melanistic hypo. You guys have come a long way from the original red albinos and black albinos, and I'm certain that the cornsnake genetic variation wall is not in sight yet.
Back on topic: Well till your tests prove out we'll all have to wait and see what more tangles will be woven into the mix.

Old 06-12-2005, 02:05 AM   #33
Rich Z
Here's a photo of the original Upper Keys female that the "C" Anerythristics came from.

I bred her with the two "C" anery males I have. Fortunately they both appear to be fertile studs, as all of the females I bred with them this year have produced viable eggs. Actually this is rather lucky, as I don't have real good luck with first year breeder males.

Old 07-13-2005, 12:26 PM   #34
~slither~
Question

Hi, I'm rather confused about how an anery can have red saddles. I'm a noob to the genetics side of things, TBH I've only read serpwidgets website guide, but I'm pretty sure that the prefix AN = lack of, and that ERYTHRISTIC = ERYTHRIN. So no red pigment is produced.
I can't understand why there would be an exception, can someone set me straight?

Old 07-13-2005, 01:18 PM   #35
Jynx
For right now, we don't know what it is. But for lack of knowing what else to classify it in, anery is the closest classification that anyone can come up with. Yes you are right...anery typically means no red.

Old 07-14-2005, 06:59 PM   #36
~slither~
Ahh OK, gotcha. Another question though, how would you go about trying to find out if it is a new gene?

Old 08-31-2005, 03:27 AM   #37
magick-bears
Hey Rich,

Any update on your test breedings? Sorry if this info is posted somewhere else. If it is can someone post a link?

Thanks,
~Jeff C.

Old 08-31-2005, 12:14 PM   #38
Gronk
Jeff...

See this thread for Rich's answer...... Anery C

Old 08-31-2005, 01:01 PM   #39
Rich Z
Yeah, I guess an answer here would be appropriate.

I bred two adult male 'C' Anerythristics to several Charcoal Ghost and Silver Queen Ghost females this year. In all occasions, the hatchlings turned out to be either normal or Hypomelanistic. No exceptions. I think this is pretty strong evidence that the type 'C' Anerythristic is truly a new gene and not compatible with type 'A' Anerythrism nor Charcoal.

Attached is a photo of some 'C' Anerythristics that hatched this season.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:01 PM   #40
Gronk
Hey Rich..

Sorry, didn't mean to butt in

I just remember seeing the response from you I linked and went...whoa .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google