CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello from the UK!

Old 07-22-2006, 07:14 AM   #31
The Corn~Dorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornmorphs
...and the pewters have just mated (i hope lol)
I'll have everything crossed for you....those babies sound delicious, hypo lav mots too, oh you just tickled my addiction (pin me down before I pounce!!)
Is it just me or do pewters have a real tendency to do things in their own sweet time?! I noticed with mine that they did growth spurts when they wanted to and often lagged way behind other subs of the same age...how have yours been with growth etc?

@ Aiden...It's good to hear of someone who has moved abroad and is totally enjoying it...as for the heat....please tell it to stay in Spain, it keeps turning up here...LOL...I'm not a fan of temperatures over 34 degrees, and nudity hasn't been made legal in supermarkets yet!!
(And it's good to know that my pricing is looking okay...thanks! )

Beast wishes
Louise

Old 07-22-2006, 07:17 AM   #32
cornmorphs
too right, pewters are hard work lol, they break all the rules.
the weight this female has put on is extrordinary.
i got her in feb at about 170 grams, and now shes about 330 or so, and thats before being mated.
BUT, heres the funny thing, shes was on 3/4 small mice every 5 days or so, talk about over feed, i put her on one medium and she piled on the weight lol.

Old 07-22-2006, 07:31 AM   #33
The Corn~Dorm
LOL....sounds like you have my policy on the feeding regime....I like to see a good size prey item going in too, rather than an excess of small stuff! You've done really well with that weight gain...and like you say....these pewters don't like to make life easy!
Mine are taking the larger size of medium mice now....roughly 30g mouse weight, but getting there was a tough job...the females have a particular thing for not feeding from way before you can even see the first dullness of shed appearing....the shed normally becomes visible 12 days after they refuse!

Old 07-22-2006, 07:36 AM   #34
aiden_punx
LOL i was hopeing you wanted the weather i hate it all i have to do is walk to the fridge for water and i am sweating buckets. and if nudiety was legal i would certanly go shopping more often hehe

Old 07-22-2006, 07:45 AM   #35
The Corn~Dorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiden_punx
.... and if nudiety was legal i would certanly go shopping more often hehe
LOLOLOLOL....it would make standing in shopping queues a lot less stressful!
As for walking to the fridge....I'm still trying to climb in mine...the two coolest places right now are my snake room where I have a portable air-con unit and the fridge where I have my *breeding season stress rewards*!

Old 07-22-2006, 07:47 AM   #36
aiden_punx
I´m trying to get a portablal air con unit for my lounge i have to have all lights off other wise the temps shoot up

Old 07-22-2006, 07:52 AM   #37
The Corn~Dorm
I've just been living with all the curtains drawn to keep the sun out as much as possible...I have a south facing back garden, a real heat trap...so it gets really unpleasant by 2pm. I think I'm becoming nocturnal....I haven't been outside in daylight for the past week!

Old 07-22-2006, 07:55 AM   #38
aiden_punx
I have to take me sister up the stables every day on the scooter and it is a little warm i come back looking like a tomato.

Old 07-22-2006, 08:00 AM   #39
The Corn~Dorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiden_punx
I i come back looking like a tomato.
Something like this: ?! Blurgh, you have my sympathies for having to do that trip!!

Old 07-22-2006, 08:02 AM   #40
aiden_punx
thats the one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google