CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

i must say this is terrible

Old 07-31-2008, 06:21 PM   #41
snakewispera snr
Quote:
Originally Posted by patm1313 View Post
I know, I think that my experience with false info holds pretty well.
And you hung in there and became part of the team. So being the one with the hands on experience, as a reward for sticking around, if you shout troll at him we will follow O master of the troll board....LOL

Old 07-31-2008, 07:29 PM   #42
Rich Z
There is nothing at all with being wrong. Treat it as an opportunity to learn something new, not a smack on the face for just not knowing everything. Everyone is ignorant about more things than they know. Everyone has something more to learn and there is more to learn than there is time in your lifetime to learn it all.

Never be afraid to say in public "I don't know". Never be afraid to admit that you are wrong when proof is provided that you are. You will then know more than you did a few minutes ago and be the better person for it.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:43 PM   #43
Joejr14
Wanna know what the OP's problem is? Dude lives in Gainesville. 'Nuff said.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:18 PM   #44
TandJ
Matthew blathered of some silly post..

Quote:
Wait?!? So I shouldn't have just force fed my snake a carrot?
No fool, you really need to try mashed carrots, it adds so much more drama to the whole situation, and so much easier on a carnavoirs internals to digest it.. *lol* What were you thinking.. Course we might have another one to add to my black book of winners!

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 07-31-2008, 08:39 PM   #45
tom e
I wonder if he read a bunch of posts before joining.. Could have missed the pics that way and not realized the posts about veggies were referring to a bearded dragon. Lots of times we refer to our animals by their names and not necesarilly species.. Who knows what makes some people tick, lol.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:43 PM   #46
Susielea
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom e View Post
I wonder if he read a bunch of posts before joining.. Could have missed the pics that way and not realized the posts about veggies were referring to a bearded dragon. Lots of times we refer to our animals by their names and not necesarilly species.. Who knows what makes some people tick, lol.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head right there

Old 07-31-2008, 08:55 PM   #47
tyflier
Quote:
Originally Posted by patm1313 View Post
From my own experience, when you provide false info it is normally said to be so by other members, and I think that most others would agree.
This is the best reply in the whole thread!

Patm, if ANYone can talk with experience about being corrected, it's you, my friend. And I am honestly glad you hung in there, got yourself squared away, and are now a member in good standing. It takes a real man to admit his mistakes and learn from them...

On the other hand...the OP is not going to last long me thinks. In this forum OR in this hobby. If he believes this place to be full of innaccurate and dangerous information regarding snakes, well...I'd really be afraid of what advice he IS taking...

Old 07-31-2008, 09:25 PM   #48
LBoz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
There is nothing at all with being wrong. Treat it as an opportunity to learn something new, not a smack on the face for just not knowing everything. Everyone is ignorant about more things than they know. Everyone has something more to learn and there is more to learn than there is time in your lifetime to learn it all.

Never be afraid to say in public "I don't know". Never be afraid to admit that you are wrong when proof is provided that you are. You will then know more than you did a few minutes ago and be the better person for it.
I think this is one of the best posts I've read on any forum. I LOVE it! Reminds me of Jeffrey Deaver's "Lincoln Rhyme" books. Sachs would always say to the rookie, "You didn't know, but now you do."

Old 07-31-2008, 10:50 PM   #49
Susan
I think we will be a better forum with this guy gone. In 2 of his 5 posts, he says that a snake can go 6 months without food as long as it's hydrated. I'd like to see a neonate survive 6 months without a meal or a breeding female that laid her first clutch, ate once, refused everything else, double-clutched and is now only 200 grams when she was 450 grams out of brumation, and still refusing to eat everything offered. Force-feeding that female a couple of small meals in an attempt to "jump-start" her is not wrong, IMO. And I just recently told a newbie whose female has not been eating and just double-clutched to try force-feeding if she continued to refuse several more meals. I've lost 2 females this year due to refusing meals and double-clutching, and have a couple more I'm watching closely for the same reason. If my thinking and advice is totally wrong, someone please tell me as I don't want to lose any more snakes this year.

Old 07-31-2008, 10:55 PM   #50
ghosthousecorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I think we will be a better forum with this guy gone. In 2 of his 5 posts, he says that a snake can go 6 months without food as long as it's hydrated. I'd like to see a neonate survive 6 months without a meal or a breeding female that laid her first clutch, ate once, refused everything else, double-clutched and is now only 200 grams when she was 450 grams out of brumation, and still refusing to eat everything offered. Force-feeding that female a couple of small meals in an attempt to "jump-start" her is not wrong, IMO. And I just recently told a newbie whose female has not been eating and just double-clutched to try force-feeding if she continued to refuse several more meals. I've lost 2 females this year due to refusing meals and double-clutching, and have a couple more I'm watching closely for the same reason. If my thinking and advice is totally wrong, someone please tell me as I don't want to lose any more snakes this year.
Rather than knocking you for it, I would love a bit of advice on how to force feed adults. I have a female I am worried about, she is refusing meals, ate once since laying the first clutch and is now in blue so I think may be about to have a second one. If she doesn't get hungry after that I may need to force feed her, I have only done so with babies (and none of which have lived afterwards but I don't want to lose this one adult if I can help it...)
As for OP good riddance if he read one thread about feeding vegetables and assumed it was a snake being discussed (but I suspect a troll)

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google