CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

For New Guy!!!MUST READ

Old 09-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #51
doortech9
So thats it, You ARE fighting the good fight for rep points.... I feel foolish for apologizing for my public comments. Consider it retracted, and i hope you satisfy your need for forum glorification elsewhere. I cant stand fakes.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #52
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysan00 View Post
Dean i am going to come clean, but you have it a little twisted. The IP addresses are the same because they are from the same house, and most likely the same computer. I have a laptop and my sister uses the family computer. I asked her to make an account and told her what to write to try and impress people here on the forums. I'm sorry and do apologize and this will not happen again.
So let me get this straight. Your sister, who is six months older than you, made an account with your birthday at the end of her username (your birthday is 08/22; her birthday, as registered, is not). She did this the day after you first registered. Then your sister took word-for-word dictation from you while she typed all of the replies I pasted below. Those words are all yours. Just how do I have things twisted? To be honest, I find this scenario even weirder than if you had just said that you were pumping up your forum cred with a sock puppet account.

But to be honest again, I don't believe that any sister assisted you with this. Why don't you come all the way clean? Your story is sort of absurd. If you stick to it, then I'm afraid that my mind will be made up about you. I can't speak for anyone else.

This isn't exactly the "crime of the century." Just let me know. One reason I'd like to know is that if this co-conspirator sister of yours (if she exists) is only guilty of not securing her account, then I don't really feel she deserves a permanent ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeseyes0822
wow man i really like the viv and the background, where'd you get that i wanna buy one. PETCO? Nice viv
Quote:
Ditto!_-_-_-_-_-_-/
Quote:
I've known Jimmy for years, and he's always wanted a snake. He's doing it all by the book. He's a little worry wort when it does to his baby.lol Hey Jimmy, stop worrying, Let nature take it's course.
Quote:
Thanks Jimmy, your care package allowed me to get all the information i wanted and needed and sum all in one place, instead of having to search around, and have to go to different links. Another great post!!
Quote:
yah i'm feeding every 4 days till i feel she looks healthy, the petco was not feeding her very well. they had her on crickets for months before i got her, so i'm thinking on staying on 4 days between feedings till she's about 15g
Quote:
sorry i forgot to quote this to my original post so i confused the other members. Jimmy sorry if i'm outta line i don't mean to steal your thread i just have the same issue. My snake is the same weight as yours and i was following the munson plan, but today i just went for the gusto because i was talking to some other members who told me the munson plan was just a guide and each snake was different. So i fed my snake two 2g pinks the other day. She took them down with no problem and digested them fine. Very lazy for 2 days, but i won't feed her for another 6-7 days, I figure she may need some extra time to digest that extra pink.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:34 PM   #53
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn View Post
How and why is this possable to have two accounts
It's possible because all you need to activate a new account is an email address.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:59 PM   #54
LBoz
Jimmy, Dean is right. There are much worse crimes one could commit than lying on a public forum. I'll confess to you that I did it for years. I've been on a parenting forum for 7 years. I knocked 4 years off my age. Why? Because I felt like the grandparent of the group. So almost five years ago when they were all wishing me a happy 40th, I was mortified. I confessed on my own birthday thread. I got lots of laughter at my own expense, I cringed through it and apologized and explained myself....and you know what? I'm still a member of that group and they still love and accept me, even at my advanced age.

Point being...again as Dean mentioned, this doesn't have to be the end of the road. You've contradicted yourself a few times by saying in your intro that this is your first snake, then later saying you've owned many snakes but this is your first corn, etc....c'mon. The gig's up. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a newbie! I personally enjoy going back to the beginning of my short membership and realizing that "hey, you're really starting to catch on to this stuff!" as well as realizing the cyberfriendships I've made in such a short time. This forum has so many wonderful people from across the globe, each with their own experiences to share. You didn't have to come here and try to impress them, they would have welcomed you just as you were if you'd been honest.

I know I'll give you another shot. I was disappointed, but we're all human, and I think we all have that internal desire to belong.

So what I want to know, how old are you REALLY? I'm 44, HONEST!!

Is this your first snake?

Did you create this secondary account on your own?

Just come clean and let's move on, whaddya say?

Old 09-21-2008, 06:05 PM   #55
airenlow
This was the answer I got from Jimmy in regards to the same question last night...

"I figured your posts in the tracking snakes thread didn't need to be replied to in the thread seeing that it's off topic. So i decided to PM you so i wouldn't get yelled at. To answer your question it's not coincedence it's called he's a friend of mine that i know and he got a snake right before i did, and we caught back up and ended up getting back on the same forum. Since i did tell him about it. And he's just being nice. You would have to ask him whatever questions you have for him. Split personalities? Lost me there."

I don't think we will ever get a straight answer from him. I know I have been rough on the kid but I told him last night that I would back off. So, my lips are now sealed

Old 09-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #56
CassieK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Wouldn't two computers in the same house have a different IP?
Just to let you know yes they would. Even if they are on they same network they have their own IP number.
I am very hurt that he has done this and even after some of you tried so hard to be kind and help him out. It just wasnt enough. I dont think I can ever trust him.
Dean if you can after/if he comes clean than you are more fogiveing than me.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:30 PM   #57
jpccusa
I'm convinced now that he is a compulsive lier.
I had already called him out on a couple of OBVIOUS lies, as well as many other members.
It's really sad since he is a newbie as I am. Some answers to his threads helped me.
But I must admit, I am sick of his lies as well.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:31 PM   #58
LBoz
Cassie, and Nanci...I'm not sure if this is true across the board, but I know in my home we have four computers on one network, and we all have the same IP address. I think some places have a "dynamic" IP, which means that it changes at times..day to day, perhaps? After shutdown/startup? Not sure. But if my husband and I are on a particular site together, our IPs show up as the same, just with different user names.

Old 09-21-2008, 06:39 PM   #59
jpccusa
"Can we have the IT person sent to the Corn Snakes department please?"

Old 09-21-2008, 07:43 PM   #60
Jay@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBoz View Post
Cassie, and Nanci...I'm not sure if this is true across the board, but I know in my home we have four computers on one network, and we all have the same IP address. I think some places have a "dynamic" IP, which means that it changes at times..day to day, perhaps? After shutdown/startup? Not sure. But if my husband and I are on a particular site together, our IPs show up as the same, just with different user names.
If you are running on a network then you must be using a router. The router that all the computers are linked to will make them seem as though they have the same IP address because in fact they are all linked to one another. I am almost certain though that each computer has it's own individual IP address.
Jay

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google