CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Do we all have addictive personalities?

Old 03-12-2010, 06:48 PM   #21
wade
Well yeah, but you have a problem Susan.

Old 03-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #22
wstphal
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin-bernstein View Post
So my question is, is everyone on this site obsessed with their snakes and this forum?
In a word, yes. Or at least I am. I got 1, just 1 cornsnake, and joined here to find out how to take the best care of Humphrey. Now I have 3 and more on order and breeding plans and...

Old 03-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #23
covato78
My PC has been down for for 4 days I checked my e-mail and corsnakes.com simotaniosly U tell me !

Old 03-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #24
Asbit
I run a daycare with 12 children enrolled and I check CS.com and my email at least 8 times a day and the children love to check it with me, just to see more snakes and see my picture on the computer, that pretty much sums up addicted!!

Old 03-12-2010, 11:56 PM   #25
4riscorn
K. Rene is right, she and I are like craigslist sisters!!! Our collection started Jan 15 with a classic/normal with only one eye..well, one that you can see, the other is barely there. We knew we wanted another one, then I got on here and it was all over with. We now have 11 with 2 more on order, one coming next week and the other possibly next week as well. That will make 6 boys and 7 girls which is exactly the amount of children my grandma had how funny is that? We will have 2 breeders with one of the new additions and 5 will be ready in another year and the rest in 2 1/2 yrs. Hubby wants 25 to start with but I am worried he will see the hatclings and want to keep some of them.
But we love them all!!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:55 AM   #26
cat bojangles
Personally, I love animals and consider pet ownership to be more than a hobby for me, but I don't see an addictive aspect in my own pet ownership.
Before getting a new pet, I always consider their lifespan, my plan for that period of time, and how I will handle emergencies. I tend to hold off for at least a year before getting a new animal.

I suppose you could say I'm not very whimsical :P

Old 03-13-2010, 06:16 AM   #27
Susan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
Well yeah, but you have a problem Susan.
...who shall remain nameless...

Old 03-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #28
insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryl View Post
"Passionate" versus "addicted." Yeah, that's more PC!
Oh no; not the dreaded PC! I go out of my way to avoid being PC!

I guess I chose 'passionate' instead of 'addicted' or 'obsessed' because of the negative association when one thinks of addiction or obsession.

I really do love snakes though, and would not like my life nearly as much without them in it.

Kathy

P.S. What snake is that in your avatar? Very cool . . .

Old 03-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #29
4riscorn
I think they are relaxing. When you hold them and they slither through your hands. It just kind of soothes us!

Old 03-13-2010, 01:13 PM   #30
Candachan
Except when they're babies! Then they are a pain in the butt and not very relaxing. :P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google