CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Do we all have addictive personalities?

Old 03-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #51
oneirogenesis
I'm not an addictive personality, but definitely an obsessive personality. I do want one more snake, but with so much going on in my life and so many other hobbies, I'm going to wait until Christmas before I consider it seriously. On the other hand, I have snakes on the brain constantly. I may not post much, but I spend most of my internet time on snake forums. I obsess over my big plans for how I'm going to build my snakes' vivs and read books and articles about snakes for hours. I've planned my first tattoo for Ariadne's first birthday, and of course I want to get her inked on the back of my neck.

It may seem like craziness to non-snake people, but buying my corn snake made me realize that the direction I want to go in life is working with animals. I'm going to try to get back into college in order to realize that ambition, and I have Ariadne to thank.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:37 AM   #52
Asbit
That is cool to hear, you go for it and Ariadne will love you all the more for it!! Can't wait to see the ink when it is done.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:35 AM   #53
4riscorn
Yea, I want my first tattoo to be of a corn wrapping around my ankle but I am 41 and still afraid of the pain!!! Sissy!!

Old 03-16-2010, 09:57 AM   #54
Asbit
I already have had ink done twice now and slept through both BUT they were not on bony parts of my body, and I do know that the bonier the area the more painful, the fleshier the less painful. Which is why my ankle scar still has not been covered with a tattoo yet as I too am afraid I will not be able to hack the pain and make sure it gets completed.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:15 AM   #55
JeniDB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asbit View Post
Which is why my ankle scar still has not been covered with a tattoo yet as I too am afraid I will not be able to hack the pain and make sure it gets completed.
Most artists won't tattoo over scar tissue because the ink soaks throughout the scar.. Just sayin'.

But some still will! So good luck!

Old 03-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #56
Asbit
This I did not realize... so then your saying that it bleeds through and just goes underneath the skin and the tat looks terrible?? If so it is not even worth wanting to try it.

Old 03-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #57
4riscorn
Not sure about the scar tattoo thing. The mother of my step-daughter got dragged by a motorcycle and had a huge scar up her leg and she covered it with a rose tattoo, can't see scar hardly at all.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #58
Asbit
That is interesting because the tattoo I want is a single Black Rose with a Corn Snake entwined in the stem. My scar is a single line that is about 4 inches long from a surgery. The Black Rose would be in memory of a close friend who committed suicide and the Corn Snake well, that is self explanatory.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #59
PJ@PJCReptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeniDB View Post
all "Gotta catch 'em"
I wish I could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
I'm a smoker who drinks 40 cups of coffee every day. I don't have time to think about addictive personality traits, I've got to clean my snakes.
But you are always here...what does that say about you Wade? Truth be told, I finally have a computer in my snake room. That could be a problem, webcam, live broadcasting....oh no! "Live from the snake room, pooh and nasty water dishes!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4riscorn View Post
Hubby wants 25 to start with but I am worried he will see the hatclings and want to keep some of them.
But we love them all!!
Jay said in the very beginning, "I don't want to get to the point where we have over 100 snakes". Guess what? We have between 100 and 150 snakes/reptiles of our personal collection plus all the hatchlings each season and other snakes/reptiles that are for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondlil View Post
Addictive, moi? No, I'm fairly sure I'll be able to stop at 30 snakes......
Janine, you know better than to lie...be like Makis and admit you have an addiction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noe..gr View Post
My name is Makis and I'm addicted to corns...
Hi Makis, and welcome to the club!

Just take a look at the responses this thread has created. Not all of them were just on this thread. Suan knew Rich's dates, Mike knows who is what on this site...LOL

Addiction, Passion, Hobby...they all fit. I love how holding a snake or just cleaning and feeding can calm my mind, help my breathing, keep me sane.

Old 03-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #60
jesserca
I am addicted, but my animals live like kings!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google