CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Do we all have addictive personalities?

Old 03-19-2010, 04:03 AM   #71
Tana Rae
Addicted… funny, I have only one corn right now but that’s really because I do not have time as a single mom, full time employee and full time student. I do plan on having more, knowing me I will probably have them all over my house… right now I just cannot fit them into my life. I started on this site because I wanted to be able to be responsible for the newest member of my family. This site has been huge in helping get the information to keep my twist happy.

Old 03-20-2010, 01:47 PM   #72
kjhawk
I don't think we are addicted, we are passionate. Ok.. I know I'm really just trying to convience myself. As hubby has 3, I just got my own this past Wednesday, and already looking for a little "girl" or two. I already have the names picked out. However I am going to have to be a little picky as to what I get because I have this idea in my head that a "girl" has to be orange/yellow/red/white. Of course my Hank may be a girl for all I know. Silly, maybe but still looking. Drove over 40 miles last night to a pet store to just look. Ok I am ADDICTED!!!!

Old 04-09-2010, 08:47 PM   #73
martin-bernstein
Just bumping this thread. I've seen quite a few new members admitting to their addiction. Thought they'd enjoy reading about other corn fanatics.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #74
AvidHerp83
Hahaha yes, call it a passion, obsession, addiction, or whatever else makes you feel better about it..... you all know you're guilty!! I have two corns in two weeks and am actively searching for another, so I guess I'll join the club!! can I have my coin now??

Old 06-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #75
PrettyBoyCorn
Totally agree with you, AvidHerp83. Call me what you like, but don't make ask me to make any excuses for it. I asked a friend the other day, talking about my other addiction, a Border collie with all the mellow sweetness of a Corn, "When was the last time someone was so happy to see you, he/she ran to greet you?" Some people have never had that experience. But a dog will do it for you a dozen times a day." Maybe your cornsnake runs to you, too. I'm a newbie addict, but I can't wait to see my little guy, call me what you like.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #76
Nanci
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoyCorn View Post
"But a dog will do it for you a dozen times a day."
This is why I like my snakes!!

Old 06-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #77
wretchedprocess
Ha ha! Damn right I'm addicted! I wanted a corn snake for over a decade before I finally managed to get one. The day after I got the first one, I e-mailed the woman who runs the rescue I picked Whisper up from and asked if she needed volunteers. Since then I've been going in twice a week to clean cages for almost a hundred different kinds of reptiles and amphibians, and I really love it! When cleaning up poop for hours just because you know you get to play with the corn snakes at the end seems like a treat, I think that says something.

A few weeks later, I picked up my little Worm, and I shall, oh yes I shall, be getting a couple more. I foresee 6-8 in the next few years, as a compromise with my poor beleaguered husband. 2 or maybe 3 of those will happen this year (which will leave me with 4 or 5). I'm trying to be reasonable. I really am. But snakes make me happier than anything else. It's hard not to want a couple more!

Old 06-07-2010, 05:08 PM   #78
wstphal
Once your husband sees how easy to care for snakes are, he will probably be more willing to compromise.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:16 PM   #79
wretchedprocess
I think he's just afraid of me going too far. Which is a reasonable fear-- given how much I love them, I can see how he'd imagine that I'd want to get 20 in the first year! He knows I'll get more, he's just a bit iffy about how *many* more. I just have to convince him that, while I would love to lay in a kiddie pool and have corn snakes poured all over me on some level, that's not a description of the future of our house! After all, I don't want to burn out either, and I already know from experience that I don't currently want to have 100 cages to clean constantly.

Yet.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:04 PM   #80
eisoj5
I do have an addictive personality, but have restricted myself to ONE snake (thus far!) and stay away from drugs/alcohol because I know I'll get myself in trouble

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google