CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Lost my Corn 1ft 7in might be in the walls help

Old 08-13-2015, 03:27 AM   #1
CathySnake
Unhappy Lost my Corn 1ft 7in might be in the walls help

My corn was lost somewhere in my room. It has now been 4 days and I am doubtful she is still there. My brothers and me all combed through the room. We, to our absolute horror found that the the heating pipes used to heat our house in the winter (it is summer for me though) goes into the wall of our room making a huge useless hole from the builders it is a circle shape on the floor and goes who knows where? Anyways below us is a walled off section of our garage and if my snake is there she's doomed. Also our house is extremely messy (5 people in a small isn't good for neatness) so I don't even know at this point where she is. I only got a chance to search our room though and im getting worried. I even put flour on the floor, pinkie in the middle and moist paper towels around then stayed up all night waiting and nothing. Today is her regular feeding day so I really hope she shows up. Also tomorrow we are leaving for my uncles. We are going to be gone for 4 days but my mom will be home. After that though we are leaving on a 2 week trip to see my grandparents and this does not help the situation at all. I haven't told my parents yet, my mom I'm planning on telling but my dad has been in a bad mood recently and is easily angered so im scared, really really scared. For my snake and what happens when they find out I lost her. Mostly for my snake though. I have cried nearly the whole day today in secret and I really really miss her a whole lot. She is 1ft 7inches and really cute. Please give me tips other than search everywhere and leave food out. Heating mats won't work since it's summer to and make that also means she is more likely to escape the house. At least she won't freeze to death though. Any insight plz or encouragement. Thanks in advance.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:51 AM   #2
XenDrgn
There is not much I can offer but in the short time of having mine, I have learned this: they don't stray far usually. They are excellent climbers. The love small cramped places. They can survive quite a while without food.

Old 08-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #3
jagodzinski
Look for warm, dark places. And like XenDrgn said, check around the terrarium once more. How did she escape?

I am very sorry and I hope you find your snake.

Old 08-13-2015, 04:19 PM   #4
DollysMom
I can't offer advice, but I can offer support. I feel for you. Don't give up hope. Big hugs.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:10 AM   #5
Glenaerie
How do you know she is actually gone? Sometimes they are so well hidden in their own vivarium that we are sure they must have escaped, because we can't find them. Some cage decorations have hiding places within them that snakes can slip into and not be seen. They also like to burrow down in the substrate.

Old 08-14-2015, 12:27 AM   #6
Ravenessa
I hope you fid her <3

Old 08-17-2015, 12:01 AM   #7
CathySnake
Thanks for your help I know for certian she is not in her tank. I was holding her and for the short time I looked away she made her escape and I didn't notice at first. My parents and uncle now know though and they weren't angry about it which helps. My dad is checking under the floor tomorrow for her. I put her tank in the garage where she might go. I just came back from my uncles he once lost a milk snake as old as my snake for 3 - 4 months and the cats found him alive and healthy. He is still alive and healthy by the way. I miss my snake alot though it has been a week and I never went much more than a day before without holding her.
Oh gosh Dolly that snake pic you posted looks exactly like my little snake.

Old 08-17-2015, 01:25 AM   #8
DollysMom
I hope you find her soon. I'm glad your family is helping you look.

Old 08-17-2015, 04:29 PM   #9
CathySnake
When looking in our basement I saw a massive cricket about the size of a pinkie I am wondering if corn snakes could eat bugs like that if they need to. We had mice problems before so there may also be a hidden den somewhere. Once a mouse crawled up my dads leg while he was on the computer. We saw nothing under the floor though we also took pictures of the inside of the wall and we saw not much not even rubble and no snakey

Old 08-17-2015, 07:20 PM   #10
CathySnake
I'm less hopeful my dad gave up and started watching tv after only 1/2 an hour of searching my mom went food shopping and is now doing who knows what. My brothers just gave it up as a bad job and went to play video games not caring about my snake. They are like why are you so sad? Also they believe that they don't need to look that she will just turn up in a month or so. So now it's just me being questioned why I'm still looking and placing flour on the floor. It would have been way easier to find my snake if they helped we could have found her already but they never really helped I'm scared I won't find her again that my snake is done for and gone. I guess I will look a bit more then. It has now been 1 week and 1 day since I last saw my snakey.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
lost, snake trap