• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Need Ideas!

You can make some good stuff out of things you just have lying around, especially if you have leftovers from other projects. Corrugated plastic, dowel rods, twine, and hot glue will get you pretty far. PVC pipe is cheap and super useful for hides or climbing structures.

I have a goofy dream of making a ridiculously elaborate pipe habitat for Zeke, like people do for rats.

The only oproblem with the pipe structure is that once in there they don't come out until they are good and ready. I learned the hard way to make whatever I use, human accessible.

One thing that needs to be stressed don't ever use tape or anything sticky inside a snake enclosure. Hot glue (after it has cooled) is fine. So is completely cured aquarium safe silicone.

Artificial greenery from the dollar store is always good. Just make sure there are no sharp edges or wire sticking out of the stems. I cover the ends of any artificial greenery that I cut with a dab of hot glue, just to be extra safe.

Is that what you meant by "enrichments"? I agree with the above. Ditto on the tape and sharp edges. Try toilet paper/paper towel rolls, and any empty food boxes from your pantry. They're disposable. BTW, the "enrichments" are for you. As long as your snake has a temperature that he likes and he feels safe, he couldn't care less what his enclosure looks like.

The only oproblem with the pipe structure is that once in there they don't come out until they are good and ready. I learned the hard way to make whatever I use, human accessible.

What DollysMom said is true. They love pipes and other stuff they can cram themselves into! Here's my little guy ... the only reason he came out was because it was 'mouse day'! As you can see, he didn't even want to come all the way out.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    427.1 KB · Views: 78
Back