CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

have a question about vorn snake actual body temp

Old 02-04-2018, 06:16 PM   #1
corn_snake_lover
have a question about vorn snake actual body temp

i'm curious as what the actual body temp of baby corn snake should be i took the temp of my snake with infrared thermometer and it was sitting at 86 degrees shes been basking all day in the hot side where shes out is been about 88 to 90.

this is just curiosity shes got lots of places to go they are different temps in the tank the cold/shaded part of the tank sits at 80 degrees during the day and the middle part 82 to 85 and the back part 88 on bottom and on top of the log hide it can range from 88 to 93. at night the tank drops in temp that's because in the room shes in the sun hits the room all day and at night it don't i got the windows closed tho. at night the temps on the hot side range from 78 to 85 and the cold side 72 to 75.i really don't mess with the temps too much because i,m out of the house 13 hours a day but the temps should be comfortable enough at night.

Old 02-05-2018, 05:23 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
Snakes don't have "A Body Temp."

Their body takes on the temp of their surroundings.

If the ground they are laying on is 50 degrees, they will be 50 degrees.

That's why we provide a "temperature gradient" for the snake in our cages and tanks. That way the snake can warm up (on the warm side) if it wants to or needs to, and it can cool down (on the cool side) if it wants to or needs to.

It's not up to you and I to worry about what the body temp of our snakes is, "we" simply must provide the correct temps, and then the snake will pick and choose whether it gets warm or cool on its own.

Usually, the snake will seek the warm side after eating, because the warmth helps with digestion. But it may seek the cool side on occasion too.

I keep a warm side of about 84 to 86 degrees, and a cool side of about 71 to 75 degrees, and find the snake in both areas from time to time. I really don't care what his body temp is, and I've never measured it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google