• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

St. George Island State Park - 04-26-2018

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
Connie and I went to St. George State Park several days ago, and besides being a bit windy, it was an excellent day for walking on the beach. Heck, this is what retired people SHOULD be doing! Connie found several sand dollars and several baby's ears shells so she was happy. We hadn't planned on being out there very long, as we didn't feel like sliming ourselves over with sunscreen. But you know how that goes. We both had some sun induced pinkness on our shoulders that night.

Water was a bit chilly, to us anyway, but there was a guy swimming there. Probably from Canada, I guess so the water probably felt bathtub warm to him.

Lots of broken shells washing up on the beach, and even saw a good number of coquina shells, which we haven't seen for a while. So maybe things are on the rebound in this part of the Gulf of Mexico after that oil "spill" disaster several years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmKbWxIIZ_w

4K Video and pics were taken with my Sony RX10 IV camera.

Back