CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Warning graphic images!

Old 08-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #1
Suzanna.Chandler
Warning graphic images!

Hi everyone, just bought a load of mice from pets at home for the first time, the first one I get out to give to my corn and it looks like this, not seen this before, is this normal/common? I'm guessing it will be ok to give to my corn and also probably bet appealing to her but just want to make sure it's safe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-15-2015, 01:48 PM   #2
jagodzinski
Personally, I have never seen my mice look like that. Just to be safe, you might want to try to bring them back to the store and get new ones.

Old 08-15-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
Nanci
Weird. I've seen them with a little blood, but that's a lot. Does it feel squishy, or firm (firm is good)? Does it smell okay? Is the belly soft and discolored?

Old 08-15-2015, 04:41 PM   #4
Suzanna.Chandler
It felt and smelt and looked normal all apart from the blood, I just fed it to her in the end as didn't get any responses on here for a while and didn't want to leave it out to long, I found online that it can happen occasionally and that its due to it defrosting and freezing a few times but apparently doesn't do any harm, snake liked it that's for sure! Then I went to put her back in her viv but when I picked her up she had blood on her which then went on my finger which then led to her biting me for the first time ever! She let go straight away but did draw a tiny bit of blood, oh well least I know what it feels like now!
Thanks for your responses anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google