CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

they were cheap to feed......

Old 10-21-2015, 11:19 PM   #1
Ravenessa
they were cheap to feed......

until i racked up 30 something corns.... lol

just made an order for almost 400 dollars worth of mice.. sighs..

Swear to God they are like pringle chips... on the other hand I should be good to mid February early march now.. bratty snakes! They are lucky they are cute!

Old 10-22-2015, 12:40 AM   #2
Zimmer
Hmm... I will have to start budgeting I just got my first a week ago and I'm already scheming for the next one after we move and get settled in

Old 10-22-2015, 12:43 AM   #3
Ravenessa
Oh I went from 1 to 30 in a matter of 6 months.. but Ive been wanting corns since I was 15 and now Im almost 40 so I went a tad over board. I am on lock down now, but yes start budgeting.. once everyone are on XL it will be about 60 dollars a month so not too bad.. but then count bedding, equipment (building racks right now) etc.. God it adds up fast... I could have a fancy car for these money.. lol Im an idiot! but they are worth it..

Old 10-22-2015, 08:58 AM   #4
Dragonling
This is why I've been keeping a very specific wishlist and whenever I come back to it I think, "Do I really want X or would Y be better?" and cull the list as needed.

Old 10-22-2015, 09:34 AM   #5
Ravenessa
I wasn't that smart.. and there is still more I sorta want.. but yeah Im stopping myself now.. Im done.. at least until I get richer.. My yearly income is increasing.. so.. lol
What is your list?? now im nosey!

Old 10-22-2015, 09:53 AM   #6
daddio207
Have you considered brumation ? Save you a couple of hundred a year. Great break from feeding even if you have no intention of breeding.
Are they in rack systems?

Old 10-22-2015, 11:32 AM   #7
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenessa View Post
I wasn't that smart.. and there is still more I sorta want.. but yeah Im stopping myself now.. Im done.. at least until I get richer.. My yearly income is increasing.. so.. lol
What is your list?? now im nosey!
A couple are secret projects and things I want to keep on the down-low! But I really really want to work with strawberry and would love to have a nice strawberry anery (one that looks like chocolate and strawberry cream!) and an oppositely sexed strawberry snow to go with it.

Also on the list:
  • red factor stripe tessera (hopefully Don is working on this)
  • red coat landrace lava
  • Abbot's Okeetee
  • Rich Z line lavender

Then there's my project wishlist (what I'm willing to divulge publicly anyway), which will obviously massively increase my numbers:
  • palmetto things (peek at Mystic Exotic's stock if you want to make some guesses )
  • red factor orchid (from eventual Tango x November pairing)
  • strawberry orchid (for comparison)
  • strawberry cinder (cinderberry?)
  • RC or RF lava lavenders (not sure if the latter has been done?)
  • RF strawberry snow (does this actually exist already? like for sure?)
  • RF stripe tessera strawberry snow??? 6 genes, yes I am that insane.
  • and for lulz, strawberry lava anery. I'll call it an icee corn.

Some of these ideas will get culled from the list eventually, but that's where it's at currently! This is also not including about 4-5 secret project ideas.

Also brumation is DEFINITELY in my plans if my collection actually grows to any decent size. That'll be a while yet still, though. For now my feeding bill is tiny! I'll try and enjoy that while it lasts lol.

Old 10-23-2015, 01:24 AM   #8
Ravenessa
Daddio at this time brumation is out of the question.. They are in my reptile room which is also my bed room and the lizards require year around heat.. no way I can drop it.. and I don't mind.. it's only a couple of hundred and knowing me, I'd screw it up get it too cold and make them sick..

Dragonling looks like you might take a part of my wallet too at some point here damn... that sounds like some amazing projects..

Old 10-23-2015, 09:15 AM   #9
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenessa View Post
Dragonling looks like you might take a part of my wallet too at some point here damn... that sounds like some amazing projects..
You should see the hidden stuff! I dream big.

Old 10-23-2015, 09:19 AM   #10
Ravenessa
You will have to announce it when you post the pics.. i want a palmetto one day but that will be in 10 years when prices drop. .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google