• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

I am new and concerned. New behavior.

OzzysMom

I have only had my corn for 2 weeks. He is usually very active, but he has been in his hide now for 3-1/2 days. I feed him on Saturdays. Last Saturday I fed him 2 hoppers (frozen) and since then he has been really inactive. Do you think he may be sick? Do they become inactive before shedding?

Please give me your thoughts. I am becoming concerned.

They become inactive before shedding. That's how I know mine have gone blue; snakes that are always out aren't.

Thanks for your reply. I checked him pretty closely today and his eyes are not cloudy. They look pretty clear. I hope that is whats going on. He is drinking and moving back and forth between his 2 hides, but that is the most activity I have seen out of him.

He's inactive because he's digesting his meal. Snakes don't run, jump, and play normally either. Food/digestion, shelter/safety, and breeding are their hardwired "desires".

D80

I feed my snakes on Wednesdays and they are always in hides for 4 days after, and then by Sunday night I see them peeking out and they are moderately active (will climb their plants/rocks) up until the next feeding day.

Inactivity

I'm also experiencing inactivity with my snow corn. I've had him for about 1 1/2 weeks and he hasn't left his hide. He seems to always be curled up in the hide box (I use a cardboard box with tissue paper) The only time I can get him to leave is to pick him up and put him else where. He also hasn't eaten since I bought him. He did poop three days after I got him so I'm sure he was healthy when I bought him. He has no mites or any mouth or nose problems... I keep the viv at 83 in the day and it drops to about 76 at night.

greatcorn, this is perfectly normal for new snakes, he's just being shy and cautious. :) He'll probably be more active once he has settled in nicely. They sometimes won't eat until they are settled and I usually leave my new ones completely alone for a least a week, that's no handling at all, handling can stress them out, making them unwilling to eat. :)

Back