CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Feeding

Old 08-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #1
bonniep123
Feeding

Heya ,my 1 and a half year old anery boy is on two small fuzzies a week is this okay ? He looks fine but is a little small in length and I don't know how big he should be for his size ,please help x

Old 08-27-2014, 09:56 AM   #2
smigon
Corns grow at their own pace, some quicker than others. What does your snake weigh (in grams) and what is the weight of the mice you are feeding him?

Old 08-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #3
bonniep123
Umm I'm not to sure ,I will way him now x

Old 08-27-2014, 10:01 AM   #4
bonniep123
He is 102 grams x can't weight the mice till Friday though

Old 08-28-2014, 06:29 AM   #5
smigon
He should be on weanlings now, 2 small fuzzies are about equal to one small weanling. Get some weanlings and lay one next to him, its should be about 1.5 times the snakes fattest part.

Here is a good basic guideline to what to feed at their weight, but you can translate it loosely, such as if the weanling is too big let him gain a little more weight before moving him up.

Munson Plan

Old 08-31-2014, 12:56 PM   #6
EZLSD
My corn is 4 months old. Approx 19-20 inches long and weighs 25g. The lady at the store said to give him a pinkie on Wednesday and Sunday. I've just fed him and I thought it didn't look like much hence why I'm reading up on it. According to the Munson plan he should either have 2 pinkies or a fuzzie. Any advice would be great. How would I know if he was hungry?

Old 08-31-2014, 03:48 PM   #7
bonniep123
All of mine where on two pinkies a week until they were a year old and they are all fine

Old 08-31-2014, 04:55 PM   #8
hypnoctopus
Usually you can tell they're hungry if they're moving around, although mine will all continue to 'hunt' even after I've just fed them. I would go ahead and feed him a small fuzzy once every 5 to 7 days. I personally don't like to feed double prey items, but many people do it without any issues.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:02 PM   #9
EZLSD
Have you had a bad experience with double feeding? Why don't you do it?

Old 08-31-2014, 05:50 PM   #10
hypnoctopus
Well two of my pinkies are larger than one of my fuzzies, so I felt like it would be counterproductive to feed two pinkies. Plus one larger prey item has a better meat to skin ratio and I believe that a fuzzy has better formed bones, which would be better calcium. These are just my thoughts and like I said, most people have no problem feeding two pinkies.

My preferred feeding schedule is small pinky, large pinky, peach fuzzy, regular fuzzy, etc. So it's a gradual progression up.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google