CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Feeding question

Old 09-23-2008, 03:17 AM   #1
CassieK
Feeding question

Not really a feeding problem but a feeding question. As some of you know I have a very big yearling. He is now 260 grams and eating 1 adult mouse every 10 days. He is not over weight and I didnt power feed him just use the munson as an outline for feeding. My question is can I feed him 2 mice cause he is still hungry after one and acts like im starving him.
Thanks

Old 09-23-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
wycherley
I think he's just in eating mode, if you offered him another mouse he'd probably take it just to get a good store off food in him. If i was you i'd just stick the munson plan.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:20 PM   #3
CassieK
The munson plan does not really state what to do after they are 170 grams. I know some people here feed their adults jumbo mice or more than one adult mouse. It is not only just an eat mode as a few days after he has digested the mouse he is out watching me and asking for more food. but I dont want to feed him to much and have him get over weight.

Old 09-23-2008, 03:28 PM   #4
Drizzt80
Personally, I'd stick with one mouse every 7 days. Just because he's acting hungry doesn't mean he has to be given/offered food.

D80

Old 09-23-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
CassieK
Ok I just wanted to make sure that im not underfeeding either. I am feeding him every 10 days should i be feeding him every 7?

Old 09-23-2008, 03:47 PM   #6
Drizzt80
10 days between feedings is fine and dandy too. Especially if he's a male and especially if you're not planning to breed him. I personally have all my males that are 300+ grams on a 14 day feeding schedule, and they are breeding.

D80

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google