CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

question?

Old 01-30-2008, 10:12 AM   #11
mpharris1989
actually, i do have some extra moss left over from when i had my packman frog a few years ago

Old 01-30-2008, 09:45 PM   #12
mpharris1989
alright great news!!

He ate for me tonight!
i put the pinky in his bowl and once he caught the smell of it he found it. After that a few seconds to check out his meal and then he latched on!
he even constricted a little

Old 01-30-2008, 10:01 PM   #13
Roy Munson
I'm glad he ate for you.

A snake's tail doesn't go into blue before the rest of the body. The whole body goes dull, then "blue", then clears-- not just a part. It's hard to tell from the photo, but it almost looks like he may still have unshed skin from his last shed on his tail. Since he just ate, you'll need to wait a few days before messing with him, but you're going to need to remove that skin (if I'm seeing things correctly). You can leave him in a small tub of moist moss or paper towels overnight, and if it doesn't come off itself, you may have to work at it with a damp paper towel.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:22 PM   #14
mpharris1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
I'm glad he ate for you.

A snake's tail doesn't go into blue before the rest of the body. The whole body goes dull, then "blue", then clears-- not just a part. It's hard to tell from the photo, but it almost looks like he may still have unshed skin from his last shed on his tail. Since he just ate, you'll need to wait a few days before messing with him, but you're going to need to remove that skin (if I'm seeing things correctly). You can leave him in a small tub of moist moss or paper towels overnight, and if it doesn't come off itself, you may have to work at it with a damp paper towel.
ya, that picture is wierd lol
there's no old skin there
all i hope is that he doesn't get sick and vomit (knock on wood)
and hes been on the cold side since

Old 01-30-2008, 10:33 PM   #15
mpharris1989
nevermind, he moved lol

now time for rest

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google