CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Snakes and Cats

Old 02-07-2008, 01:59 PM   #21
connord94
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra View Post
My cat can only see my burm who's cage is closest to the floor. Sometimes I think they have different intentions: =)

Burms thoughts..."In a couple of years that could be lunch "
Cats thoughts..."A couple of years ago that could've been lunch "

I once had a cat.. but we gave her to my Grandad so we could get a dog(a bit cruel..I know).. we now have two dogs!

Old 02-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #22
dionythicus
I have a couple cats that like to be around during feeding, and one likes to live in the snake room, but there haven't been major incidents. Well, one hatchling got out and a cat had played with it, but there was no damage and is big and healthy today. One of my adult females got out once and I found all my cats in a semi circle in the corner of the room with the snake curled up and striking at them. They cats were looking at each other like, "You get it." "No, you get it." "I'm not getting it, you get it." Nobody was brave enough to touch the snake. This picture is that same adult female in her tub with our siamese mix, Miso, parked on top. You tell me who's thinking they want to "get it".

Old 02-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #23
ShroomieGirl
hehe... thats so cute!!

Old 02-09-2008, 12:25 AM   #24
Jessicat
I've had bad and.. suprisingly somewhat good experiences with cats and snakes co-existing.

Bad, decapitated snake. (I didn't know the snake had escaped until I found its body)

Good, one of my snakes escaped and I knew about it right away. I kept a careful eye on the cat, and eventually the cat led me right to the snake. The snake ended up getting a small wound during the short interaction, which is now totally healed. I believe that I never would have found the snake (a hatchling) if it hadn't been for the cat.

Of course there are also cats who wish they were snakes. Co-habing strongly discouraged.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:29 AM   #25
Jrgh17
Dionythicus and Jessica-

I LOVE your kitties. Such cute shots.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google