CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

snake is a magicien

Old 02-02-2008, 08:31 PM   #21
Roy Munson
You people and your crazy ornamental hides! Here's the model I use. The snakes like it.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:00 PM   #22
Wylie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
You people and your crazy ornamental hides! Here's the model I use. The snakes like it.
LOL.

I know, I know, I gotta have everything in Flash's home nice, neat and pretty looking. But I guess that log won't be so pretty anymore after I saw off the end just like Nanci did. Looks like that's what is going to happen tomorrow night. I was planning on getting Flash out tonight to handle him but he's STILL up in that doggone log!!! GRRRRRR. It's bad enough that I haven't seen him for two days and now I can't even get him out to handle him! I oughta just saw off the log now, only I can't cause hubby isn't home and I don't know where any saws are offhand.

Old 02-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #23
susang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
sparing no expense, actually I've not thought of that yet

Old 02-02-2008, 09:34 PM   #24
Nanci
Even after I sawed it off, he could still wedge himself into some little cranny. I had to saw off more! Right after the first hiding incident, Jasper regurged, so I needed to be able to access him at my will for medication. After the second time I drove him out by waterboarding him, enough was enough. The limb had a second amputation. Now he uses normal hides, or sleeps in his vines.

Old 02-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #25
Wylie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Even after I sawed it off, he could still wedge himself into some little cranny. I had to saw off more! Right after the first hiding incident, Jasper regurged, so I needed to be able to access him at my will for medication. After the second time I drove him out by waterboarding him, enough was enough. The limb had a second amputation. Now he uses normal hides, or sleeps in his vines.
Heh, yep, that's exactly what I just did. Hubby isn't home and even when I called him to ask if he knew where a saw was that I could use, he said he didn't know of any saw I could use without coming home to look. Sooo.... the entire log hide went into a sink full of cold water. Sure didn't take him log to swim out! And needless to say, he no longer has a log hide in his viv. I'm not sure now whether I still want to saw it or not, saw it and put it back in or just save it til he gets bigger and can't fit up there anymore and in the meantime buy a different hide, or not... Not like I really need it, I've got enough hides for him. But... I'm one of those people who likes to put lots of stuff in the viv, hehe.

But yeah, I can't have that, I can't have my baby, my pride and joy, hiding totally out of sight 24/7 and totally inaccessible at that.

And it just occurred to me that we totally hijacked this thread. Ooops.

Old 02-02-2008, 11:01 PM   #26
Darkwraith
I have that exact plastic tree man
how the hell did it get so far up that?
theres no hole in it?!

Old 02-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #27
Darkwraith
Let's say he's in there how do I saw it off without hurting it?

Old 02-03-2008, 01:53 AM   #28
Darkwraith
Thank you nanci and wylie
The snake was up in there and I can finaly go to bed
You guys are awsome
Thanks a million

Old 02-03-2008, 02:31 AM   #29
snakewispera snr
Why would you want to get the snake out? If it can get in, it can get out. Cornsnakes are natural hiders, thats what they do,hide. If you want a snake to observe, you should of got Morelia.
MIKE

Old 02-03-2008, 07:11 AM   #30
Nanci
The reason you want to get the snake out is you think your baby escaped, but that's impossible, he's in a Critter Cage with a locking lid, but youve torn the dang viv apart a thousand times, and woke up in the middle of the night an dchecked for him, and you can't find him, so, even though you know he _could_ be up in the tree, you have to know for sure. It's your baby!! He's your favorite! You can't imagine how you are going to tell the breeder that you've lost him!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google