CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

I guess I'm going to be all alone in here.......

Old 07-25-2002, 12:24 PM   #1
Rich Z
I guess I'm going to be all alone in here.......

I made offers to the following breeders to set up a forum in here for them:

Don Soderberg
Kathy Love
Jim Stelpflug

Don said he is too busy to spend any time here on this site. The last I heard from Kathy was she would think about it. And Jim never responded to my email.

Sorry folks, I thought it would be nice to have forums here where you could all interact with the major breeders of corn snakes. Plus I thought it would have been interesting to see the different perspectives about issues we all face in this business.

Maybe it was just a foolish idea to begin with.

Guess I'll have to come up with a better name for this category, though, since I will be the only rogue in here.

Old 07-25-2002, 12:34 PM   #2
Missymonkey
Unhappy too busy for their vip customers!? aw :(

That's too bad, they don't know what they are missing. That's ok, as long as we have you, I think we will all be happy.

Old 07-25-2002, 12:46 PM   #3
CornsnakeKeeper
Maybe they will take you up on your offer during the "slow season." I tell you, posting pictures and the such, really makes me want to buy from those breeders more than others. Two names that come to my mind are possibly Mike of Mike's Motleys and Kim of Kim's Colubrids....but Mike is getting out of the business and I just checked Kim's site and she is gone too... Wow...

Old 07-25-2002, 12:53 PM   #4
Alicia
I don't think it was a foolish idea. Maybe after the really busy hatching season is over they may change their minds This is a great forum and it's growing all the time.

Old 07-25-2002, 12:55 PM   #5
CornsnakeKeeper
BTW, who is Jim? Website, please? I'm surprised I haven't heard of him....unless it is the fellow from Homegrown Herps? I know that he is a Jim. lol... Too bad Clint doesn't do shipping... he should give it a try. Maybe Frank Pinello?

Old 07-25-2002, 03:00 PM   #6
SilverTongue
YEAH CLINT hehe

Old 07-25-2002, 03:06 PM   #7
Simon
Well....it's understandable why they can't be here most of the time....it's not their site and maybe because of all the hatchlings they have already.
I mean you are the administrator.....so that is why you are here most of the time. But for them.....maybe it's just not too worthwhile for them......IMHO........but doesn't matter as long as we have you here, we are still getting a very helpful source of imformation......

Old 07-25-2002, 03:07 PM   #8
HomeBreeder
Rich,

Sounds like the general responce is: have faith, be persistent, and please try again this winter. I'll add my voice to that chorus too. Sure, maybe it won't payoff, but at least you'll be able to say you gave it your best effort (ROFL, look at the fresh fish trying to give pearls of wisdom to someone like Rich, hehehe.)

What's it take to be a "major" breeder anyway? Obviously it doesn't have to be a fool-time occupation (like some not-to-be-named-idiot I know who thinks it *can* be for him.) I'm guessing that it's a combination of tenure and volume? Having a certain level of renown within some special "inner-circle"?

Does John Organiscak qualify, for example?

Anyway, I thought (think) it's a neat idea, and would be disapointed if nothing came of it.

^Curtis

Old 07-25-2002, 05:18 PM   #9
Rich Z
Quote:
fool-time occupation
Yes, it does feel like that sometimes............

Old 07-25-2002, 08:34 PM   #10
Matt L
Rich,
I'm really surprised! I would have thought that any of them would have jumped at the chance for some free advertising. Don and Kathy have always taken time to respond to emails. I afraid I don't know Jim. I direct no disrespect towards them on there choices, I still consider them leaders in the colubrid breeder market. However YOU have my full attention.

Matt L.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google