CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

I guess I'm going to be all alone in here.......

Old 07-25-2002, 11:26 PM   #11
Clint Boyer
I'd like to see them here also.......

But it may just be that they are concerned that if they make the commitment to have their own forum that they may not be able to attend it as often as they would like to.

That's one of the great advantages of just being a member, I can go through forums quickly if I don't have much time. I can visit sometimes and not even post.

It's a good idea, I think it would be good for business. It would be a way for breeders to showcase their animals and explain a bit about projects they are working on.

Another advantage would be that it will help personalize the breeders. The art of breeding corns is something that most breeders love to talk about and learning more about each individual and their experiences would also help promote their business.

I've dealt with all of the breeders mentioned and consider each and every one top notch, even if they can't attend this forum.

Old 07-26-2002, 02:03 AM   #12
Rich Z
Well, no one can say I didn't at least make the effort. I wanted CornSnakes.com to be a generic corn snake site, and not just an offshoot of my SerpenCo site.

Oh well, if this is going to be SerpenCo's CornSnakes.com Forum, then so be it. I don't have a problem at all with that situation.

Old 07-26-2002, 02:36 AM   #13
SilverTongue
I love this forum! Infact I live such an unfull life I spend most of the day here and in http://www.ssnakess.com/ another forum but for different types of herps.

I think both sites are better than anything else out there. LoL Technically no one needs to get any books LoL everything can be found in one or both of these sites. And for that I am truely greatful!

And I will be even more greatful when you tell me my snakes are on their way LoL

Anways Everyone knows this is the place to come to for cornsnake knowldge. The fact that you own the site is not as important as the fact that you care enough to ensure that the knowldge is shared with everyone.

Thanks

Old 07-26-2002, 09:34 AM   #14
Hurley
Well, I hope when winter comes and the snakes are all bedded down that perhaps Don and Kathy will wander in and see what an advantage this forum has over "that other corn forum".

Personally, I've noticed less flaming and nitpicking bs here than on the other, and it seems that the quality of responses is higher and more effort is put forth in giving answers. The advantage of being able to mark the forums as read and just bring up the new ones is a huge plus.

It feels more like a group of friends here, not a pack of wolves just waiting to zing the next unsuspecting soul that *gasp*, heaven forbid, isn't a mastermind of corn genetics and husbandry. I hope it remains that way.

I agree with everyone, it sure would be nice to have a true Rogues Gallery. Perhaps it will come, I hope so.

In the meantime, I am just going to keep on enjoying this forum.

Old 07-26-2002, 09:49 PM   #15
LizS
Rogue? What's it mean?

How did the term 'rogue' in reference to corn breeders come to be? And what exactly does it mean in this context? I've never heard it before this forum, so I'm curious.

Old 07-27-2002, 12:36 AM   #16
Rich Z
Liz - I used the term 'rogue' as a tongue in cheek jab at us all. In this context if means scoundrel, pirate, or privateer in a playful manner.

BTW, I got your phone message. Thanks. A bunch of Pewters took there first meals last night with gusto, so it looks like a good batch of them. I'll be feeding them again in about 5 days and can ship a few days afterwards.

Old 07-27-2002, 10:24 AM   #17
Gregg
Hey Rich,

Who's "gusto?" Your dog? Or one of your helpers?

(Just kidding. As you know--You only go around once, so you've got to gust for all the grabbo you can get. Right?)

Old 07-31-2002, 12:13 PM   #18
kathylove
Rogue's Gallery

Actually, I think this is a great idea. At first I was worried I might have to be more computer literate than I am to "do" the site. But it looks like it might be as simple as posting here. So that isn't a problem. But I am concerned about actually taking on a new commitment during baby and show season. I would hate to start something and not follow through as promised. For the moment, I would prefer to just post here as time permits, as well as on "that other corn forum".

I do have to admit to finding this more interesting. Although it is important to answer the usual questions for new keepers (the ones that get asked at least once per week, every week), I am glad that there are some people who seem to have the time and energy to keep doing it. It is a lot more fun to answer the more thought provoking questions and comments!

Once the show season is over and a lot of the babies have been sold, I would like to start my own section, if the offer is still open.

Thanks!

Old 07-31-2002, 12:35 PM   #19
CornsnakeKeeper
Sounds great! Can't wait for you to join us, Kathy!

Old 07-31-2002, 02:58 PM   #20
Rich Z
Sure Kathy! Just let me know when you are ready.

I think you will find this is a lot of fun as well as being an asset to your business.

Thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google