CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Correspondence lag time........

Old 08-08-2002, 01:37 PM   #1
Rich Z
Correspondence lag time........

It's that time of year again.

I have SO many snakes hatching out and needing care that my emails are about to come to a grinding halt. Not incoming, outgoing. Plus I will only be dropping in here for a minute or two every once in a while when I just need to sit down for a few minutes. Standing up for 12 to 16 hours per day is killing my back.

Just letting you all know that I will be mostly incommunicato for a while. Like perhaps into October. We have eight shows scheduled between mid August and the first weekend in November. Some of them are back-to-back weekends, which is going to be nuts trying to get everything fed in the few days between.

Please bear with me. I have orders that I need to get out, but there is no way I will be able to get most of them out before Expo, weekend after next. The number of snakes I have to put into deli cups to offer feed, much less sex and label them is enough to make my brain pop.

Now, back to work at the salt mines...........

Old 08-08-2002, 03:45 PM   #2
Jimmy C.
No prob. Rich.
Good luck with everything.
Jimmy C.

Old 08-08-2002, 04:43 PM   #3
Simon
One last email before you shut all the emails down....
I will be emailing you either tonight or tomorrow for the payments of the corns that I am getting from you.
Please check the email tonight or tomorrow night as I need the shippment on Monday. Thanks!

The shutting down of the email things is absolutely understandable. We all know the amount of work that you have and it's really hard for you to do all these things all at once.....
don't worry we all understand!

Old 08-08-2002, 05:35 PM   #4
CornsnakeKeeper
Just save some nice corns for MARS! lol

Old 08-08-2002, 05:38 PM   #5
Rich Z
Hey!

I'm not shutting down my email, just my attempts to respond to them all!!

I'm just asking you all to be understanding when I don't get out a reply to you as quickly as you would like. I get emails stacking up on me every day, from people asking me about ordering animals to people asking me really basic stuff, like how to hold a snake.

Of course, I do have priorities on the ones I take the time to answer.

Anyway, back to the salt mines.......

Old 08-12-2002, 11:42 PM   #6
kenster
Re: Hey!

Quote:
Originally posted by Rich Z
like how to hold a snake.
Tell them to use their hands

Old 08-13-2002, 11:54 AM   #7
Kat
Ya know, somebody who has alot of time on their hands ought to put together a list of newbie questions and their answers, and make a Cornsnake FAQ...

By newbie questions, I mean the ones which people ask over and over and/or panic about which are baseless...

Stuff like:

My snake ate his mouse backwards! Help!
(Ok, I admit that when I first started out, I asked a varient of this one...)

-or-

My snake is hiding and won't come out! Is he sick?

You could also throw in questions which get asked over and over again so much that they're annoying to have to answer...

Stuff like:

My snake won't eat! What do I do?

-or-

How do I tell if my snake is a boy or a girl?

Although that stuff is mostly covered by the CSM... I think if those questions were included in an FAQ, you'd want to put just enough information in the FAQ to tell the person if there's actually a problem, how to tell if there's actually a problem, what to do if there actually IS a problem, and where they need to back off and pass the job on to a professional reptile vet (as well as when they can relax and assume everything's normal).

Of course, whoever puts this thing together is going to need lots of free time to go a) hunt down the questions, and b) write up all the answers... so unless you have enough experience and enough free time, I wouldn't recommend anyone taking up this project.

Old 08-13-2002, 12:13 PM   #8
SilverTongue
More qood questions would be...

What does 7.2.3 mean?
How do I attach a picture?
When can my snake breed?

ect ect

I nominate Kat heehee

Old 08-13-2002, 12:28 PM   #9
Kat
Hey! Waitaminute here...

Actually, I've been thinking about doing something like that for a while now... the only problem is I'm horrible at finishing projects I start. I need someone else to work with (that's got a drive to keep the project going) else I tend to slack off...

I'm gonna start a thread under Miscellaneous about this, though, since the SerpenCo business
forum isn't the best place to discuss this stuff..

Old 08-13-2002, 04:34 PM   #10
Rich Z
Quote:
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Kat - shouldn't that be '01' types of people?

There are only three types of people in the world: Those that can count, and those that can't.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google