• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Another Opal Motley

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
opalmotley71.jpg

I think I may have to make a special effort to produce more of these next year.

Gorgeous. I like how it's just peach-coloured with white lines running the whole length if its body. Very nice.

Did I read somewhere....?

I think I read on one of these Opal threads somewhere that you (Rich) had not produced any Opals from Snows from Lavender lines?
Is that right?

The Motley Opals are definately worth the effort!

Last edited:
Clint - That is correct. I have bred several instances of Snows het for Lavender (Opal) together and have ALWAYS gotten regular Snows as a result. To further muddy the waters, I have a clutch this year of Opal to Opal and gotten a clutch of ALL Snows. I had to pull out the adults and look at them again to make sure I wasn't losing my mind. Well, maybe I am losing it, because the parents are definitely Opals.

One could speculate that the parents are het for Anerythrism and luck just had it that all the babies are homozygous for Anerythrism as well as Lavender and Amelanism. I guess. But it still doesn't explain how I get Lavenders in clutches where I bred Anerythristics het for Lavender together.

Either Opals can be light enough to look pretty much identical to Snows or I am suffering from a severe marble deficiency........

:eek:

I hate it when that happens!

You never know for sure if it's just crappy odds or there is something amiss!
I'm trying to decide which snakes to keep back for my Opal project. I'm all set with the males in the group, I was hoping for amel females from another group but they came out all male. I was considering a Snow, maybe just one (I'm trying to limit the anery gene). Maybe I'll try a few normal females in the Opal group.
I've got a group of anery and Snow het Lav set up elsewhere.

Back