CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

OUCH!!!

Old 08-26-2002, 03:51 PM   #11
Rich Z
Hmm, maybe I could combine both suggestions I just got in this thread and put photos on a CD-ROM and sell those? I have to take those original TIF files the camera creates and convert them to JPG. The JPG files don't hold a candle to the original TIF files.

On of these days I'll write a book, but not anytime real soon. I've had lots of people asking me to do so, since I have kind of a different perspective of all this than most other people.

Old 08-26-2002, 04:33 PM   #12
Tenacious_Ash
If you want a great Digital Camera, and you don't want to part with hundreds of pounds, check out this little beauty CLICK ME

Old 08-26-2002, 04:57 PM   #13
Kat
Dunno, Rich... some people may appreciate the TIFF files as much as the JPEGs. Although you can probably get someone to do the conversion for you... it's not like it's particularly difficult or strenuous work (though they may get carpal tunnel!)

But yeah, cornsnake photos on CDs would be awesome.

Old 08-26-2002, 05:07 PM   #14
Axe
oh hell yeah Rich! $10/cd... I'd buy 'em! Tiff or otherwise!

I mean, even at a Meg per image... that's still 600-700 per CD.

Just make sure you sell the CD copyright protected for personal non-commercial use only - although please don't put watermarks on the images. You can insert copyright notice into the file without it overlaying the image

As for the format (Tiff)... most of the raster graphics clip-art & Photo CDs I've bought in the past (as opposed to vector graphics) are all TIFF anyway.

It's "the standard" cross-platform format (Windows, Macintrash *nix).

So yeah, I'm all for TIFF

But, if you've got Photoshop. Once you've burned each CD. You can always do a "batch convert" of all the images on the CD to a new directory. Sell 'em in both formats. Jpeg (for the casual browsers of images) and TIFF (for those with decent graphics software)

Old 08-26-2002, 05:19 PM   #15
Neil
Tenacious_Ash: I'm a little unsure about that cam- it just looks so tiny. One of the reviews said that the picture quality is only good in bright conditions. Do you have one? If so, can you post some pics? Thanks.

Old 08-26-2002, 06:06 PM   #16
Tenacious_Ash
i am skint neil. i am saving for one though. I have seen someone use it inside before, and the picture quality was good, there is another camera, which has a flash on, and the picture on the reviews bit are good quality, from such a small camera...HERE and it acts as a camcorder too! it is a real good one. see if you like that one

Old 08-26-2002, 06:55 PM   #17
tschofie
5 Gigs?

Just five? Burn baby, burn. (Err, excuse me. CD burners do
have that effect on me.) You could fir the whole mess on,
say, eight CDs easily, which would all fit into two of those nifty
cd jewel cases. 'Course, then there's still the problem of
letting us see all these lovely sweet babies... perhaps you could
sell CD copies?

Cheers,
TS

Old 08-27-2002, 01:56 PM   #18
st3v3
Rich, if you plan on gettin a new harddrive or two, check out the 8mb cache versions of the new Western Digital harddrives.

I have 1 80gig WD w/ the 8mb cache, teamed up w/ my 60g. Gotta get another 80 tho

But they are excellent drives and fairly low in price. the 80 is only $195 CDN

Old 08-28-2002, 01:39 PM   #19
BloodyCats
I'd just like to say that I'd buy a CD of photos the different morphs. It would be great to have hatchling and adult pics. And buying the CD would never stop me from buying the book if it ever gets written!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google