CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Why is it so hard to find mice pinkies?

Old 10-03-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
LindsayMarie
Question Why is it so hard to find mice pinkies?

Ok so I was trying to find some small pinkies/mice pinkies for my 2 new babies. I was looking locally while my bulk online ordering goes through. I could not for the life of me find any. When I finally found a place that said yes, I said hold them, I will send my spouse for them around 7pm. Anyways, they came home, they were rat pups! ARGHGHGH! Too big. Wasted 2. Saving 2 for when they are larger. Still back to square one. No pinkies and cant find any! At least none frozen. What do I do, the babies are due to eat tomorrow techniqually, by their schedule. They seem hungry. Anyone here local to me, I will pay a couple bucks for few small pinkies??! This is ridiculous. I should have ordered online weeks ago to get here before my snakes! Anyways, can anyone help? Thanks, Lindsay

Old 10-04-2006, 02:35 AM   #2
simple_minded
One suggestion.. If you don't mind doing this. You could cut the rat pup in half and feed them to your snakes? It might be a bit messy, but it'll probably do for now until you get your shipment in.

Old 10-04-2006, 03:18 AM   #3
Flagg
If they're hatchlings even half a rat pup or pink would be too big. Is there no reptile pet shop around? Can't you get live pinks and just freeze them?

Old 10-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #4
applejacks
You don't even need a reptile store. I was freaking out because I went to different pet store websites just to browse their site and see if they had any frozen pinkies, and none were listed. I then resorted to calling them, and they all had them, I guess they just dont like announcing it, .

Around here, its PetCo, PetsMart, and Pet Supermarket that all have them.

Old 10-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
LindsayMarie
Question

I found some today at petco, bought a couple till my shipment comes in (I need to decide between mouse factory or big cheese). Anyways, my bloodred female Sassy ate almost right away, all I had to do was use tongs and get her to "nip" the pink and that was that. The male Snoop, he isnt interested. He is too docile to get to nip the pink and he "runs" from it...lol What do I do? I have put him into a smaller tupperware dish w/ the pink and nothing else, placed it inside his cage, covered it for some privacy. The breeder says he likes to be tong fed, but I tried that. I felt like I was harassing him! Am I doing it all wrong w/ him??? I dont want another pinkie to go to waste and him go hungry till I try again. Thanks for any help, Lindsay

Old 10-04-2006, 06:12 PM   #6
Lennycorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindsayMarie
Ok so I was trying to find some small pinkies/mice pinkies for my 2 new babies......... Still back to square one. No pinkies and cant find any! At least none frozen. What do I do,
Go where you can get live pinky's and get a little more than you need and freeze them you self. sometime you have to call ahead to get newborn pinks and buy them up ahead of time.

Good Luck

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google