• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Normal Cape African house snake

He's so cute. I love the stripes on his head. He looks perfectly content to be in your hand.

Thanks. He's so cute because he will grip very tightly with his tail and then explore with his head, going nowhere all the while. Totally different feel than holding a corn snake.

So cute! That's a great pic of him :)

Thank you so much. It was the only picture I could get today. He just wants to crawl on the phone. :)

I had no idea

y2HwplVl.jpg

I knew that Karl's Rufus was getting his driver's license, but I had no idea that Clyde could bake. They are delicious, too. And he's in shed no less. ;)

I've had those before! They are great with hot coffee!

ummm...... wait......

He didn't make them with Mouse parts did he?

I think I'm gonna puke

<whew>

I knew about the cookies made by little elves in trees, but the donuts being made by snakes was new to me.

And Clyde is shedding...... again???
He just shed a few weeks ago. That young Son of your's must be enjoying quite a growth spurt.

You'd better buy him several boxes of those donuts, he's gonna be hungry.

Glad I could put you mind at ease, Karl!

Clyde has been shedding regularly once a month, so it's pretty frequent. The good news is that he goes through shed quickly. He's clear again this morning; it's going to be soon now. He gained 10 grams this past month, now weighing 35 grams. It looks like his shed interval is actually getting a little longer now, more like 5 to 5.5 weeks.

Freshly shed last Monday and 38 grams.

Sorry for the dark pic in the viv, but it was a last minute thought after handling.

VaUW2wvl.jpg

I know how he does it and I'm still amazed watching Clyde get his mouth around the mouse. As I post this he has safely swallowed and is digesting.

WzVt95ml.jpg

Great pic! I know what you mean, I always cringe when I see how far Jag has her mouth opened - as a human its unfathomable to imagine being able to stretch my jaw like that.

aww come on!

you mean to tell me I'm the only one here that can swallow a whole watermelon?

Great pics of Mr Clyde. Good to see him eating from somewhere other than the top of a tree. Although I must admit he sure looks handsome in that pic above sitting in his tree.

aww come on!

you mean to tell me I'm the only one here that can swallow a whole watermelon?

:laugh01:

Great pics of Mr Clyde. Good to see him eating from somewhere other than the top of a tree. Although I must admit he sure looks handsome in that pic above sitting in his tree.

Thanks. I'll tell him Rufus's dad said so!

Oh my goodness, you got a house snake!! I've been away from the forum for a while, and this was one of the first threads I found. I'm so excited for you!! My little house snake is now my absolute favorite. I call her my miniature rainbow boa. Isn't their iridescence amazing? I will update my thread too so we can compare notes, but it seems we are having a similar experience with both of our house snake babies. :) Congratulations!

Thank you Albertagirl. I've missed you. After I lost Dolly, I got Cleo and Clyde. Clyde is so different from my corn snakes. He's a sweet little fellow. I will look for yours!

No problem on not being up to date. Things can change fast. I forgot to mention that I recently adopted a rescue corn, Mandy. That was after I gave up hope of ever recovering Dolly while the others were gotten when I still believed that I would find my little escapee.

So I once again have a normal, though she is an older adult. Not a Dolly replacement. That hole in my heart will never be filled, but Mandy certainly is a new focus of snakey love. If I hadn't lost Dolly I probably would not have gotten any of the others. Funny how things happen.

Back