CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Is my corn snake blind

Old 02-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #1
mrcheesy
Is my corn snake blind

Quick question guys i rescued this snake today and was wondering is this snake blind as tried to rub it earlier after leaving in warmish water and tried rubbing it to see if it was a bad shed any ideasName:  JPEG_20170215_195332_.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  49.0 KB

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Old 02-15-2017, 04:52 PM   #2
daddio207
Are both eyes that way?

Stop rubbing it. You could cause more damage.
It appears to be a cataract. Older snakes are likely develop them.
A pic of both eyes that isn't so close would help.

Old 02-15-2017, 05:13 PM   #3
mrcheesy
The other eyes fine just that one and only rubbed it once never tried again

Old 02-15-2017, 05:44 PM   #4
daddio207
Then is is most likely a cataract. I have a corn with a cataract and he is doing just fine
Thank you for rescuing him/her !!!!

Old 02-16-2017, 07:19 AM   #5
DollysMom
I have a corn snake with cataracts in both eyes though I think she can still see some out of the better eye. She's an absolute joy. I adopted her from a rescue. Like Daddio said they do just fine with no or with limited sight.

Welcome to the forum, Mrcheesy. When you have more time I hope you come back and tell us more about this rescue. Looks like a nice snake, and from what I can see of the face, it looks like an older snake. My girl is somewhere in the 13 to 15-year-old age range and has "wrinkles" on her face like this one has.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:03 PM   #6
nicolefowler2005
I think the rescued babies are the best!! I rescued my Otis from some absolutely disgusting conditions and I swear he loves me even more because of it I'm so glad you rescued your new baby especially with the cataract cause a lot of people won't rescue a so called "defective" animal!! I guarantee you'll love every minute with him/her!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-16-2017, 01:46 PM   #7
mrcheesy
Shes in a state will take a few sheds the get her better but thank you for everyones reply and help

Old 02-16-2017, 06:24 PM   #8
DollysMom
Please keep in touch and update us! She looks beautiful from what I can see in the picture. Rest assured that in captivity where the food appears in front of her nose periodically, any vision impairment will not impact her having a good life and a great relationship with you.

Mine knows her way around her enclosure and has regular supervised outings where she gets to crawl around my living room. She has no trouble navigating at all. If I couldn't see the cataracts with my own eyes I'd have no idea she had vision impairment!

Old 03-06-2017, 07:27 AM   #9
mrcheesy
The snake with the cataract is also gravid so takinh even extra care of her now

Old 03-06-2017, 10:44 AM   #10
DollysMom
Poor girl. Glad she has you now!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google