CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Howdy from Houston!

Old 06-08-2017, 12:22 AM   #1
Mr.Z
Howdy from Houston!

Hi Everyone,

My name is Zach and I think I've literally waited 20 years or so for a pet snake! Last week I finally took the plunge with a ~3 month old corn snake. It's got a wonderful attitude and personality! My boys, well my 3 year old, is infatuated. His older brother, not so much, but he's coming around. After we got it settled in we've been having a blast with him...I think we're calling it a him anyway. Little timidness from him with absolutely no strikes or bites. He just had his first meal with us this evening, very calm and collected. (Reminded me of a dog taking a treat from your mouth....not that I'll be trying that here though!)

I've been doing loads of research, but I'm sure I'll have some questions as we go about this new journey. This seems like a really great group of folks here, and I'm glad to be a part of it. Hopefully I can gain enough knowledge and experience to help out other newcomers.

Thank you all in advance!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Old 06-08-2017, 12:55 AM   #2
Tavia
Hello and welcome! Congrats on your new baby, now you know it's very unlikely to remain your only, right? LOL! Snakes are addictive!

Old 06-08-2017, 03:28 AM   #3
DollysMom

Welcome to the forum and glad you are here.

Congrats on your first snake. Glad that you have been doing your research, but yes please do ask any questions. When you get a chance we do love pictures around here. Of course we know your snake is in do not disturb mode for the next few days while digesting its meal.

Any name yet? Letting your boys help name the snake can be a great bonding experience.

Old 06-08-2017, 09:29 AM   #4
Mr.Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
Hello and welcome! Congrats on your new baby, now you know it's very unlikely to remain your only, right? LOL! Snakes are addictive!
Hi Tavia, thank you! Be sure you don't tell the Mrs....but I imagine she knows, we started with one dog - now two. We started with one rat - now two...it never stops!

Old 06-08-2017, 09:36 AM   #5
Mr.Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post

Welcome to the forum and glad you are here.

Congrats on your first snake. Glad that you have been doing your research, but yes please do ask any questions. When you get a chance we do love pictures around here. Of course we know your snake is in do not disturb mode for the next few days while digesting its meal.

Any name yet? Letting your boys help name the snake can be a great bonding experience.
Thanks for the welcome! I'll be sure to post pics as soon as I can. He heard me walking around this morning and poked his head out to say hi and went back into his hide.

I forgot to mention the name, our oldest picked it out, Indominus. (We may be Jurassic Park/World fans) We call him Dom for short.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:03 PM   #6
DollysMom
Dom is a cute name. Looking forward to the pictures.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:09 PM   #7
Twolunger
Welcome to the forum. Snakes in general are wonderful reptiles, and corn snakes are my favorite. There are color morphs to suit just about everyone. I've read somewhere that snakes have a calming effect on people with hypertension. Another good reason for keeping them.

Old 06-09-2017, 07:42 AM   #8
DLena
Smile

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!
I waited over 30 years to indulge my passion.
One is not enough.

Old 06-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #9
Mr.Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Dom is a cute name. Looking forward to the pictures.

Picture as promised. He got me again with his backside shortly after this was taken. Bonus Indominus Rex toy hanging out in the background.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 06-10-2017, 10:30 AM   #10
DLena
Don is a handsome little guy! And your picture is fantastic.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google